Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:17 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,994,493 times

Advertisements

That's a no buy home. Move on and look for something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:34 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,512 times
There are long-term health consequences from vehicle pollution observed in residents within half mile of freeway.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM

23 posts, read 23,787 times
Thank you so much

Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neamah View Post
Hi all
I looked for house and like everything except there is highway at the back of backrayd , my question how hard to resale later this house and what is the impact for house price due to highway? I was wondering because this house has long time listing for sale! Please can somebody explain if I can buy it or ignore it , thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
I think you just answered your own question. Noise, pollution, risk of freeway expansion, and potentially feeder cut-through traffic. On the other hand, the price will allow access to a neighborhood you might otherwise be priced out of. I would expect a reasonable discount compared to interior lot homes (which, depending on how the neighborhood is walled off, may encounter just as much noise as those bordering the freeway).

We have friends in Bellaire just a few houses from the West Loop. It's loud outside. A steady noise until the motorcycles go racing down the freeway or semi-trucks jake brake. They don't care because they aren't backyard people. But it's a constant presence.
Thank you so much

Old 03-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Thank you

Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 AM

177 posts, read 201,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I completely avoid any house that anybody can walk to my back fence and stand there looking into my house for hours.
I have to have neighbors behind my house

Your neighbors (or their children) couldn't walk up to your back fence and stand there looking into your house for hours?

Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,522,112 times
I saw one house that was back on a market. Backyard is on a busy street. That was a major turnoff for me, so I walked away. But I am pretty sure this house will be sold soon. There is a lot of interest since it is built well, in great technical condition, priced reasonably and zoned to some good schools.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM

18,127 posts, read 25,275,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPollito View Post
Your neighbors (or their children) couldn't walk up to your back fence and stand there looking into your house for hours?
At least I know who it is,
compared to my other neighbor that bought the house I avoided for that reason and could have anybody in the middle of the night standing on the other side of their fence

Old 03-15-2017, 04:42 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,853,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
At least I know who it is,
compared to my other neighbor that bought the house I avoided for that reason and could have anybody in the middle of the night standing on the other side of their fence
At least along a highway people would be less likely to stand there and stare into your backyard because they would be seen by people passing by and likely to have the cops called on them or be seen by a passing by cop. Having a neighbor stare into your backyard for hours and no one being able to see them doing it is far more creepier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston