Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 06:13 PM

16 posts, read 16,682 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We are relocating from the New York area for work and are very excited about moving to Houston! We're gathering a list of areas we are interested in for a house hunting trip in a few weeks.

One subdivision that caught our attention was Lakes of Mission Grove in Richmond. Can anyone from the area tell us more about it? There's very little info online.

Things we like about it are the large lots, very low tax rate, new homes, good schools, and easy access to both Katy and Sugar Land. However I'll be commuting to the Galleria so I'm concerned about how long it will be.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 PM

309 posts, read 246,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysik View Post
Hi all,

We are relocating from the New York area for work and are very excited about moving to Houston! We're gathering a list of areas we are interested in for a house hunting trip in a few weeks.

One subdivision that caught our attention was Lakes of Mission Grove in Richmond. Can anyone from the area tell us more about it? There's very little info online.

Things we like about it are the large lots, very low tax rate, new homes, good schools, and easy access to both Katy and Sugar Land. However I'll be commuting to the Galleria so I'm concerned about how long it will be.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know much about Lakes of Mission Grove but i can tell you the commute will be about an Hr during office Hrs using Westpark Tollway. If you want to avoid toll, add another 15-20 mins to commute.

Thanks,

Old 07-21-2017, 10:26 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,824,272 times
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
I would check out the other numerous communities along that FM359 Corridor from the CVS all the way up to 1093. You can find better options.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:58 AM

16 posts, read 16,682 times
Bump. We are getting ready to leave for our trip and would love to know more about the area that might not be apparent when we visit!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,917,707 times
Quote:
Bump. We are getting ready to leave for our trip and would love to know more about the area that might not be apparent when we visit!
As mentioned by the other poster, commute would be roughly an hour to the galleria area unless you work off-peak hours (leave the house before 6:00am or after 9:00am). From the 359 corridor you can get to Katy or Sugar Land in about 15-25 minutes.

Other neighborhoods to consider in this area that offer what you are looking for (depending upon budget) include Weston Lakes (an acreage gated neighborhood/city west of Fulshear off of Fm 1093);

Bella Vista / Karaugh (off of FM 359 on Winner Foster Road), as well as other small acreage neighborhoods (less than 30 houses) along Winner Foster Road and B'ois Darc Road.

Foster Crossing, Foster Estates, Colony West northwest of the intersection of FM 359 and FM 723;

Hunterwood, Glenwood, River Forest southwest of the intersection of FM 359 and FM 723;

Texana Plantation, Westcreek, Estates of Brazoswood along FM 359 west of the 359/Mason Road intersection and CVS.

Basically take a drive up and down FM 359 between Mason and FM 1093 and you will have countless acreage neighborhood options. This area is destined to be primarily acreage neighborhoods and low-density development since most land is already spoken for (with exception to the land closer to FM 1093.)

Depending upon the neighborhood, some will be on private well water and septic systems (no MUD tax or water bill), but you do have to maintain those systems. Personally I'd rather pay the septic maintenance contract in lieu of the growing water bills people are receiving in Fort Bend County.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions - I live in one of the areas mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston