Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:46 AM

14 posts, read 15,966 times

Advertisements

I am looking for everyone to look into their crystal ball for a moment.....

Looking at this new MPC....

meridianatexas.com/
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/m...r-planned.html

So I see the AISD is not so highly rated in comparison to PISD and even the new SCR, which I understand is part of AISD. However, it seems the developers are really trying to push education on-site.

Are there any local teachers that could comment, is this awesome and going to bring up the AISD? or ho-hum and just a gimmick to sell houses?

Also, do you think they will really build out over the next 10-15 years or is this going to fizzle like Rodeo Palms?

It looks like the stadium is a go, and I heard rumors they are working on an education village. With the HS just down the road, does it make sense to add a middle/Jr high and a new High school eventually?

Last edited by Krysib; 04-25-2017 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 08:19 AM

64 posts, read 102,564 times
I don't know much about the quality of education for the schools, but I drive through the community recently and it's Beautiful! Love the landscaping, recreation center, and layout of the neighborhoods.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM

37 posts, read 82,399 times
We looked at it online but there appears to be nothing else out there, no grocery stores, no shopping, etc. probably because it is just so new.

the furthest south we will look in Pearland/Manvel is Pomona/Sedona Lakes.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:30 PM

87 posts, read 126,449 times
It's a very nice neighborhood plan, with an interesting concept (astrology), a friend of ours built out there an they are very happy. But they were already in Pearland, so moving a little further down 288 for a bigger/newer home made sense.

gettingerb, you are correct there is nothing out there yet, they have to drive to Pearland Town Center, or Sienna Plantation for their shopping/errands, so that is a downside.

I am no predictor, but based on the types of builders that are out there, and the concept they are pushing, I think it will end up being a nice neighborhood. It won't turn into Rodeo Palms or Lakes of Savannah. But it will be specific to people for whom that exact location works, for most it's just a bit too far out right now with nothing around it, so it can't really be cross-shopped with SCR/Southern Trails/Pomona or Sienna.

Best case scenario it ends up like Aliana and Richmond, start slow because its the first that far removed from more established communities. But on the strength of good builders and nice neighborhood amenities, it stays steady enough to wait for the rest of the area to catch up around it over the next 5-10 years.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM

234 posts, read 425,319 times
I don't think it will be as successful as Rise Communities Cane Island just because of the school district and location. However, Rise Communities seems to be building nice MPC.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:05 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Meridiana may not be close to good shopping and dining, but it is closer to Brazosport for folks who work in that area, so that should help sales a little.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:36 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,821,369 times
What gives you the impression that Cane Island is doing well?

Old 04-29-2017, 07:48 PM

388 posts, read 686,772 times
I cannot go into a huge amount of detail but I work for a vendor that supplies to Alvin ISD. They are one of our best districts. I have found in my personal research, MPC use education as a high point, when there are facts to back it up. They don't advertise when it isn't great because there is nothing to support it. Do your own research separate from the developer.

As far as a high school being down the road and adding another - districts will phase out or reuse a building and build or bring in another, depending on population growth and education needs.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:15 AM

97 posts, read 154,730 times
It's hard to predict how this development will turn out. I will say that it's unlikely that one MPC will turn around a school district. When people talk about how Alvin ISD isn't a good school district, I have always thought well this particular school can still be good even though the district as a whole may not be good. My sister who is an administrator with HISD pointed out to me that the school district can limit even a good school if the district doesn't provide the programs, opportunities, and resources that a higher rated school district provides.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:31 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentrywoods View Post
It's hard to predict how this development will turn out. I will say that it's unlikely that one MPC will turn around a school district. When people talk about how Alvin ISD isn't a good school district, I have always thought well this particular school can still be good even though the district as a whole may not be good. My sister who is an administrator with HISD pointed out to me that the school district can limit even a good school if the district doesn't provide the programs, opportunities, and resources that a higher rated school district provides.
Are there any particular examples your sister pointed out?

We can see what AISD looks like in a few years as Shadow Creek High has matured. If that school does well, then AISD is on a better footing.

I do think that Pearland ISD and Alvin ISD should consolidate into one district, much like Sugar Land ISD and Missouri City ISD did (to form Fort Bend ISD)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston