Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:51 PM

403 posts, read 462,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich says Houston is one of his favorite cities

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --

Heavy metal legends Metallica put on quite a show at NRG in front of about 50,000 fans Sunday night for their WorldWired Tour.

It was a concert that has been several years in the making. It's been a while since the band has played in Houston, but they are no strangers to the Bayou City.

They played here several years ago at the Toyota Center and about 14 years ago during Summer Sanitarium.

Eyewitness News got a chance to sit down with Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich before the concert Sunday, where he talked about why he loves Houston.

"Houston is one of my favorite cities," Ulrich said.

Ulrich said he always tries to find time to visit the Menil Collection and Rothko Chapel when he's in town.

"There's a great thriving art scene here. All the things that I'm into are here in Houston," Ulrich said.

Ulrich also talked about the loyal fan base and how they always create a unique experience during shows.

We asked about their staying power on the hard rock and heavy metal scene.

"It's amazing the fact that we can keep making records that people care about. There's a lot of young kids that have never seen Metallica before, so there's still a revolving door happening," Ulrich said.

Ulrich said the difference between now and 20 years ago is that they are more appreciative of what they've done and how they impact the music industry.

"We are more aware of how blessed we are and how fortunate we are to have this insane life and that people keep showing up. And that music still has the ability to unite people," Ulrich said. "The fact that music can still, no matter where we are in the world, still find a way to bring people together and unite people is an amazing thing."

Metallica's newest album "Hardwired" is available now.
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich says Houston is one of his favorite cities | abc13.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Meh...

You have to be naive to think this guy does not say this about other cities. Just a rehearsed line, he does his homework on where to go in each city so he does not get bored. Lars is a smart man, he's the real brain behind Metallica. James is good too, but in my opinion, the band would not be where it is with our Ulrich. I've seen them four times in their prime, awesome.

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 06-12-2017 at 09:47 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 09:44 PM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
You have to be naive to think this guy does not say this about other cities. Just a rehearsed line, he does his homework on where to go in each city so he does not get bored. Lars is a smart man, he's the real brain behind Metallica. James is good too, but in my opinion, the band would not be where it is with our Ulrich. I've seen them four time in their prime, awesome.
If you look at the video of the interview he actually says " Houston is one of my favorite cities (pause) between the coast " Which is probably true, of course we are then talking about Houston being favored over cities like Oklahoma City or Kansas City and other places like that...lol

Old 06-12-2017, 09:49 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
If you look at the video of the interview he actually says " Houston is one of my favorite cities (pause) between the coast " Which is probably true, of course we are then talking about Houston being favored over cities like Oklahoma City or Kansas City and other places like that...lol
Ha.. yes, the Meth heads in Oklahoma think he is God!

Go Golden State, NBA Champs!

Old 06-13-2017, 08:24 AM

1,091 posts, read 1,075,516 times
The real question...did he like Houston back in the days of Napster?? Mwahahaha

Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 AM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver303TJC View Post
The real question...did he like Houston back in the days of Napster?? Mwahahaha

ok I'm intrigued, what would Napster have to do with anybody's opinion of Houston ?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:00 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,519,758 times
Anyone go to the show on Sunday? I missed it but wish I could have made it. Saw them a couple of times as a teenager in the '90s, good shows. Not a fan of "Hardwired" though, I think their first four albums were the best.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:45 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
I believe him, I mean besides Chicago, Houston is one of the best cities in between the coasts.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone wouldn't find Houston a great city? I think we are actually a bit more of a best kept secret because people just do not realize how pretty cool the city really is.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:39 PM

1,091 posts, read 1,075,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
ok I'm intrigued, what would Napster have to do with anybody's opinion of Houston ?
Lol, sorry about that. After I read the comment about Lars Ulrich, it made me think of the days of old and the battle with Napster and Metallica. Which technically had nothing to do with Houston, but I thought I'd throw it out there in a "brain-twister" of a post.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:30 PM

420 posts, read 402,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I believe him, I mean besides Chicago, Houston is one of the best cities in between the coasts.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone wouldn't find Houston a great city? I think we are actually a bit more of a best kept secret because people just do not realize how pretty cool the city really is.
What do you mean "we"?

Houston is on a coast. How is it "in between"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston