Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:02 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,266,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It is amazing that one only will recognize an incident has happened if they have seen it.

It only makes sense if they have direct knowledge. Hmmm

Wonder why TREC has complaint forms on their site?
I sold my own home in the Heights....in fact it was my very first transaction as a licensed agent. My aunt was my broker, she lived in, (and still does) live in San Antonio.

My home was priced correctly (about 1% higher than I expected it to appraise) and it was under contract in 24 hours...it had 21 showings on the first day, and was under contract by lunch on day 2 above asking price. The buyers agent specialized in the Heights, and to this day may be the most competent agent I've ever worked with. She was great.

I believe small towns may have some real estate collusion....Houston - NOPE, especially not in the Heights. There simply is not enough inventory for collusion and exclusion to exist. Its cut throat out there.

I don't even have a clue what the Heights club is....but I've bought 3 homes there, sold 2, and done about 20 rental transactions...ALL without issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 04:04 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Son did ,too.

Bought and sold on one of those streets with the Christmas lights, no problems.

Listed a house on Ashland, good house, fair price. Hardly any showings. When they listed with a Heights agent, it sold in days. The info regarding the non showings was from a Heights agent. Perhaps he was just blowing smoke in order to engender himself. But, the house had noticeable more showings.

We have bought 16 and sold 15 houses. Stuff happens, especially if one is a trusting soul who thinks scammers are not licensed and monitored. Never thought we would be compelled to sue a builder, agent and a warranty company, either. I'm told winning that was no small task. But we had it in writing that the builder lied to the warranty company and us.

The warranty company fixed the house so the owners disclosure was ok and then they joined our suit against the builder and agent. That's when we had trouble listing it. The lawyers had a hard time believing a robust free market would not be able to overcome small town loyalties. Had to sell by owner.

People have biases. I'm told most agents would rather work with someone they have known , over and over, than a new person. Perhaps it was just a matter of personal preference, rather than an intentional boycott like in Rockwall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston