Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 02:43 PM

84 posts, read 111,585 times

Advertisements

@TacTown, both NaturalPawz and Krisers carry Acana, but we use a combo of EVO and Canidae and have for years- not that you'd have to change, but both those stores only carry very reputable natural brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM

811 posts, read 1,556,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogsnokids View Post
@TacTown, both NaturalPawz and Krisers carry Acana, but we use a combo of EVO and Canidae and have for years- not that you'd have to change, but both those stores only carry very reputable natural brands.
I get my food (Zignature) from Krisers and used to get Acana there but all the Acana is now made in the USA.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:50 AM

342 posts, read 803,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTown View Post
4) Mosquito's ?
Mosquitoes are less prevalent than before around my house. Some public representative from Montgomery County gave us some sort of tablets to prevent mosquitoes. When I open my car door, I don't see any of those buggers this summer unlike previous years. If I do get bitten, it is from the trails when I'm stopped and checking on my phone. 15 years ago, we would have bug spray truck drive around the street at nights, they don't that anymore. I don't see this as a problem anymore.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:42 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
The pool question really depends on how often you or family members would actually use it. I hate public pools and all the germs that go with them but I wouldn't use a pool with enough frequency for it to be worth the investment for me.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:55 AM

203 posts, read 253,512 times
I will just tag along in this thread instead of opening a new thread for the swimming pool questions. I hope that is ok?

Is it safe to have a pool with 3 and 6 year olds in the house ? We have never owned a house with pool, so just wondering on the safety part. I understand that this is a personal choice or a very subjective one. But just want to hear people's opinions who have kids. What safety measures can be taken?

Also, does the Homeowner's Insurance go up significantly if you have an indoor vs no pool?

I will add other questions as they come to my mind. Thank you in advance.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 PM

203 posts, read 253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogsnokids View Post
I am actually IN The Woodlands.

We did not, we did buy a lot that we will be putting a pool into in a few years. The "public" pools have lower fees for resident passes, but you still have to go and stand in line and deal with swim teams and kids, it makes having your own pool way more attractive.
I have read a few of your posts. If I am not mistaken, you are in Sterling Ridge village/ sub division correct? So if I understand you correctly, if one buy's a house in SR they do not have access to the pool for free. You have to buy passes?

We are looking into SR. Where is the pool located? I am debating between a house with a pool vs no pool because I have 2 small kids (3 & 6 year olds). Does SR have a lot of kids ?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:09 PM

84 posts, read 111,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notkim View Post
I have read a few of your posts. If I am not mistaken, you are in Sterling Ridge village/ sub division correct? So if I understand you correctly, if one buy's a house in SR they do not have access to the pool for free. You have to buy passes?

We are looking into SR. Where is the pool located? I am debating between a house with a pool vs no pool because I have 2 small kids (3 & 6 year olds). Does SR have a lot of kids ?
The Woodlands resident pool passes do have to be purchased, but if you can also just do a day purchase and it is less for residents than non-residents. Residents with passes can use ANY of the public pools in The Woodlands, but the closest in Sterling Ridge is in Cranebrook Park.

Sterling Ridge does have many kids your children's age.

As to insurance and being safe with children, I think that supervision should always be required for children until I am very certain of their swimming/floating abilities, and then still don't rec. anyone swimming alone. Other than that, locking gates and safety covers are great, and from what I understand will lessen the liability of a pool. I can't speak to exact costs, as we still have yet to break ground on ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston