Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 08:17 AM

951 posts, read 1,451,630 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts experiences?

Which one is cheaper by the way?

I live in Stafford well almost Sugarland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:23 AM

455 posts, read 524,841 times
I did Supershuttle many years ago. Just build in a lot of time since there's no telling how many stops they'll make to pick up/drop off.

For pricing, you are better off getting a realtime quote from their website/app since the rates are probably not fixed.

And FYI, i was curious and just now checked to see what a regular Uber would cost to IAH from here in Katy, and it is showing $55. Not sure your budget, but it might be worth it for a direct ride.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic0boom View Post
I did Supershuttle many years ago. Just build in a lot of time since there's no telling how many stops they'll make to pick up/drop off.

For pricing, you are better off getting a realtime quote from their website/app since the rates are probably not fixed.

And FYI, i was curious and just now checked to see what a regular Uber would cost to IAH from here in Katy, and it is showing $55. Not sure your budget, but it might be worth it for a direct ride.
Thanks

Supershuttle is cheaper, I checked and it says $41.30 without discount code or coupon code that I did not start searching

I just dont know how to price a Uberpool? Is there a way to do that?

EDIT: With coupon I got $37 for supershuttle

Old 07-28-2017, 08:51 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
Supershuttle charged me $28 for shared cab for a distance of 30 miles and $41 for solo non stop ride.

They are few $ cheaper and also they are clean and provide decent service.

They now have an app also to book.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:52 AM

455 posts, read 524,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Thanks

Supershuttle is cheaper, I checked and it says $41.30 without discount code or coupon code that I did not start searching

I just dont know how to price a Uberpool? Is there a way to do that?

EDIT: With coupon I got $37 for supershuttle
I haven't used Uberpool, but i used the Uber app on my phone to get the regular Uber quote. I looked again and don't see an option for Uberpool. But i then googled "uberpool estimate" and it brought me to the Uber page where, again, i put in my address and destination. However, Uberpool didn't show up there, either. I'm just guessing that it isn't offered in my area. But that's where i would start.

Out of curiosity, i checked supershuttle, and it quoted me $37. Just my 2 cents, but I'd gladly pay $55 vs $37 for the convenience. Interestingly enough, i see that Supershuttle also offers a $55 rate for a non-stop fare for up to 3 people. With the 10% coupon i saw, that makes for a compelling option.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:37 PM

389 posts, read 596,020 times
Have you thought about driving to the airport? I got five days at Park 'N Fly for $19.99 at Costco. There are several other lots such as EcoPark and Parking Spot. It really wasn't that inconvenient to drive there and shuttle over to the terminal. I imagine during crowded travel times it would be horrible.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK115 View Post
Have you thought about driving to the airport? I got five days at Park 'N Fly for $19.99 at Costco. There are several other lots such as EcoPark and Parking Spot. It really wasn't that inconvenient to drive there and shuttle over to the terminal. I imagine during crowded travel times it would be horrible.
This is a very good advice thanks

I have a question though. Say I want to leave my car for 17 days, so how do I use this park an fly thing from Costco?

Just buy 3 of them 3x5=15 days and pay 2 days out of pocket?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:39 AM

389 posts, read 596,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
This is a very good advice thanks

I have a question though. Say I want to leave my car for 17 days, so how do I use this park an fly thing from Costco?

Just buy 3 of them 3x5=15 days and pay 2 days out of pocket?
I believe you could do that or just purchase four packs. They come in packs of five passes and are perforated so you can tear them off for the appropriate number of days, saving the unused ones for future travel.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:39 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,006 times
If you wana save some $$, tip is to pick a super shuttle from a near by Hilton, Sheraton or any major hotel. The rates are bit cheaper if they come to a hotel as compared to your home. It won't be that handy if you have too much luggage.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:37 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,742 times
I would take the sulershutte outbound since they automatically factor the time you need based on the itinerary information you provide. The downside is when you get back it may be 2 hours before they drop you off depending on how many people they have to drop off. That happened to me once and never again will I do shared ride to take me home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston