Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

a friend shared this blog post on facebook this morning.

after reading it, the message is a strong one, very valid. situational awareness and knowing your surroundings while always being vigilant is a MUST. i preach it to my wife and son constantly. (the military will teach you this)

as far as the story goes, her demographics and statistics are IMO incorrect. i am not sure i buy the story personally. the message is a great one, the manor in which it is told seems made up. the teller just opened a new swimwear line and it almost feels like a publicity stunt. in poor taste if so.

what are your thoughts?

https://kaydauria.com/blogs/news/a-c...ll-please-read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM

170 posts, read 194,166 times
There was an FBI agent buying clothes from Joseph A Banks in La Centerra last year. He told the salesperson, who is a friend of mine, that he was working Katy Mills human trafficking as an undercover agent. That was the day that I knew just how bad things really are in the Katy area.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:05 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
A whole lotta detail without ever mentioning whether she reported it to the po po. Seems way to happy about skittles after such an event. Skittles!

Last edited by txdemo; 08-04-2017 at 08:33 AM..

Old 08-04-2017, 09:04 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
I call bs on her story. As a white woman, she is used to being stared at in the Houston/Katy area? Yeah, because white people are so rare here. What a crock. I agree, she's looking for free publicity. She needs to figure out a better way.

I also wonder about that "FBI" guy. Not that Jana's friend didn't hear that story from some shopper, I am sure that happened. However, I doubt an undercover FBI person would be running his mouth like that. I think he was trying to impress her.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana K View Post
There was an FBI agent buying clothes from Joseph A Banks in La Centerra last year. He told the salesperson, who is a friend of mine, that he was working Katy Mills human trafficking as an undercover agent. That was the day that I knew just how bad things really are in the Katy area.
I've been researching all morning, I can't find one single case of a kidnapping being reported at katy mills.
I find that Texas, and Houston/San Antonio/El Paso specifically, are "hubs" for human trafficking. But these are not people being grabbed at target shopping centers, and are not "white women" generally. They are under age Hispanic women trafficked in from/trough Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
A whole lotta detail without ever mentioning whether she reported it to the po po. Seems way to happy about skittles after such an event. Skittles!
This was my thought exactly.
Did she call the police? How was this not on the news? Skittles? Really? Why wouldn't you go get a store manager in randals or something of that nature.

She spent a lot of time telling us how "aware" she was, but had zero reality in preventing or de-escalating the situation.

I'd be more inclined to believe the guy just thought she was cute and had huge ummm guts and bad tact in trying to start a conversation

Old 08-04-2017, 09:15 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
This happened last years in North Houston

MCSO dispels rumors of abduction attempts in The Woodlands, Spring

Rumors have been running rampant in The Woodlands and Spring about scary groups looking to kidnap children for human trafficking.
Several reports have been posted on social media and neighborhood apps about abduction attempts at area grocery stores and malls.

People don't realize that this BS stories put people in danger because they are "crying wolf"
And when it really happens, nobody is going to do anything

Old 08-04-2017, 09:26 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Please tell me you guy really didn't buy this story? I figured not. White women rare in Houston? Used to getting stares? No mention of going to the cops? Utter BS

Old 08-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Please tell me you guy really didn't buy this story? I figured not. White women rare in Houston? Used to getting stares? No mention of going to the cops? Utter BS
Publicity stunt to gain exposure for her new business.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:39 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Makes sense.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:43 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,755 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston