Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 06:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And yes...you are exactly right as to his wrongness...

Take pictures and tell him HE incurs personal liability for adding to your risk from flooding...
My points were two fold...
Don't make assumptions that the water in his yard was because the neighbor was irresponsible...
And yes, his decision to dump his water on HER yard was a mistake and he could incur PERSONAL liability for doing so.
Believe me he could be sued if his water adds to her flood problem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 06:56 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,692,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharilla View Post
Yes, he could have easily ran the hose to the street- but he didn't. He threw it over the fence into my yard- at least 30 feet or more from the street. He couldn't have predicted how bad it was going to get, but he made our situation worse. I can now confirm, without a doubt, that my yard is lower than his. And as far as it not being a big deal because of the scope of the flood, when the water is lapping at your weep holes, it is a big deal. It is the difference between having to tear out your floor and being grateful that you made it through.

That hose over the fence had to have suction to get the lift required for the excess to drain up and over. All you had to do was interrupt his hose flow and leave it in place. Or if it happens again put your own hose over his fence and see what he says.

I feel for you. It's awful living next to lousy neighbors. You might try digging a small ditch for water drainage. It's what we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: