Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 07:24 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,213,554 times

Advertisements

I don't care if Melania wore heels, tennis shoes, slippers or if she was freakin' barefoot. It would have been nice if the POTUS would have at least spoken with a victim or two. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 08:19 PM

1,011 posts, read 967,162 times
What about the crowd? Was it a big turnout? It must've been YUGE! Because that's what's important and appropriate...

Old 08-30-2017, 09:31 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,963,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
What about the crowd? Was it a big turnout? It must've been YUGE! Because that's what's important and appropriate...

Trump said: "it was a great turnout!"

Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 PM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
I hate Trump
But I would completely change my opinion if he creates "National First responder day"

Old 08-31-2017, 10:13 AM

9,215 posts, read 14,768,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Since we can control the weather and stop climate change, Trump should have been able to stop the hurricane but chose not to because he's racist, homophobic, sexist, a bigot.. er, have I missed any?
I realize you are being ironic but you do realize that Trump is doing everything in his power to NOT stop climate change? He is encouraging coal, oil, gutting the EPA, defeating any environmental regulations, etc etc

This will become increasing political since the International Organization for Migration says the most common estimate is 200 million environmental migrants by 2050. This will cause worldwide chaos. And who knows how many US refugees we will see move between states? Almost 20% of Houstonians are below the poverty line. They can't move and will have to be supported by our tax dollars.

Long term trends are more important than any one storm- we need to plan for the future.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:21 AM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I realize you are being ironic but you do realize that Trump is doing everything in his power to NOT stop climate change? He is encouraging coal, oil, gutting the EPA, defeating any environmental regulations, etc etc
Jesus Christ,
Climate change didn't build Houston's crappy drainage system

Old 08-31-2017, 10:40 AM

6,003 posts, read 3,706,032 times
It was a fake storm created by the liberal media giant CNN. But he assured us that if it WERE real he would build a wall around the city and make the hurricane pay for it.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,496,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Jesus Christ,
Climate change didn't build Houston's crappy drainage system
NO town/area could have survived a sustain rain system that delivered trillions of gallons of rain in this timeframe...
Houston does have areas that drain excellently...
Witness the fact there are large areas of Houston that did NOT flood. They aren't on the news though.

Many of the flooded areas were designed to withstand a 20-30" accumulation...
This was much more than anticipated...a most double...

How would YOUR town have done with a year and more of rain in 3-4 days?

Old 09-02-2017, 08:56 AM

218 posts, read 330,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

This will become increasing political since the International Organization for Migration says the most common estimate is 200 million environmental migrants by 2050. This will cause worldwide chaos. And who knows how many US refugees we will see move between states? Almost 20% of Houstonians are below the poverty line. They can't move and will have to be supported by our tax dollars.

Long term trends are more important than any one storm- we need to plan for the future.
Keep drinking the Flavor Aid. I'm sure Al Gore will save us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston