Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:58 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman03 View Post
I live nearby and am heading over that way today. I will report what I see on here this afternoon.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGl View Post
Great. I got a text from my friends at The Wharf on Davis Road. Apparently, there was some flooding, they lost one of their cars to it. Fortunately, they're OK. Hopefully, your mom's friend is, too.
I believe she lives in the same townhomes. Do you know if they are actually at their home, or elsewhere. Just trying to figure out if the residences are liveable. My Mom wonders if she stayed or finally evacuated.

Thanks for passing info along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 02:56 PM

109 posts, read 115,449 times
I drove the length of Davis Rd and noted very little in the way of debris or indications of high water. I did not see any flooded houses. The only problem areas appear to be confined to the older apartments and condos on the west (left side going in) side of the road. The Wharf in particular has a parking lot that slopes downward toward the water. Everything else on Davis (especially the newer houses) is built up above the road significantly.

The Davis Rd area is directly across Clear Lake from Nassau Bay where there was quite a bit more flooding and damage to houses. The difference is probably due to the lot elevations and the wind direction during the storm, which pushed water more towards Nassau Bay and away from the Davis Rd side of Clear Lake.

Driving eastward toward Kemah along FM 2094 I noted that Clear Lake Shores has significant flooding and damage. The entrance to the neighborhood is blocked by police in order to restrict entry. The Kemah Boardwalk area looked fine and will probably be back to normal by tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 PM

221 posts, read 336,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Thank you!!!

I believe she lives in the same townhomes. Do you know if they are actually at their home, or elsewhere. Just trying to figure out if the residences are liveable. My Mom wonders if she stayed or finally evacuated.

Thanks for passing info along.
I believe they are still at The Wharf, just lost the car. As Birdman mentioned, it would be easy to flood a car there, depending upon where it was. I lived at The Wharf many decades ago and remember Nassau Bay flooding while the The Wharf, just across the water to the south, was OK. Folks were going through the streets of Nassau Bay in canoes, at that time, during Claudette. Again, as Birdman said, it depends upon the elevation of the residences.

Hope your Mom's friend is OK.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:46 PM

Thank you both once again. I read my Mom your posts. She feels a bit better but still wonders why she hasn't heard back from her friend. Hopefully she will soon.

BTW, found out she lives on the side where the boats are docked.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Thank you both once again. I read my Mom your posts. She feels a bit better but still wonders why she hasn't heard back from her friend. Hopefully she will soon.

BTW, found out she lives on the side where the boats are docked.
Sorry your Mom hasn't heard from her friend. Things are starting to calm down a little on this side of town. You still may want to consider calling the League City Police, (281) 332-2566, and see if they can check on her when they get a chance. Law enforcement is all over the place down here, thank God. The Houston Police were checking on me the other day, God bless them.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:27 AM

My Mom just called and said she heard from her friend for a moment to let her know she is ok, they will talk later. Brief conversation said she stayed and has leaks in roof.

Our thoughts from SC are with you all for a speedy recovery from all this devastation. I can truly feel for everyone...originally from Miami. I've seen enough hurricanes to last a lifetime. Andrew was hopefully the last one I will ever see!!

Best wishes all and again, thank you!!!!

Old 09-02-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
My Mom just called and said she heard from her friend for a moment to let her know she is ok, they will talk later. Brief conversation said she stayed and has leaks in roof.

Our thoughts from SC are with you all for a speedy recovery from all this devastation. I can truly feel for everyone...originally from Miami. I've seen enough hurricanes to last a lifetime. Andrew was hopefully the last one I will ever see!!

Best wishes all and again, thank you!!!!
Wow, that's a relief for your Mom! Thanks for letting us know. Andrew? Ouch. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston