Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM

12 posts, read 39,001 times

Advertisements

Telfair is way over priced. You can get a great resale home closer to near Sweetwater if you wishing to pay in that range. It also depends if you have children and what schools they want to attend. I KNOW that area pretty well. So many good deals out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM

28 posts, read 155,491 times
Wow, this is reassuring that little price difference here or there should not be a issue(ofcourse as long as we can pay) :-) Plus Telfair is Wireless community, not sure if is the news yet or not, but you can work-wireless on your laptop anywhere within Telfair community, thats interesting. One thing though that scares me relocating in Sugarland is this new concept to me of Property Tax - 3.24%. And looks like that keeps on changing and getting towards higher end for every appraisel.. any comments

Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 AM

377 posts, read 1,346,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya123 View Post
One thing though that scares me relocating in Sugarland is this new concept to me of Property Tax - 3.24%. And looks like that keeps on changing and getting towards higher end for every appraisel.. any comments
Is it 3.24 only ? I heard 3.7

Old 03-24-2008, 03:10 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
Nothing is free . hopefully, the taxes keep the rif raf out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya123 View Post
Wow, this is reassuring that little price difference here or there should not be a issue(ofcourse as long as we can pay) :-) Plus Telfair is Wireless community, not sure if is the news yet or not, but you can work-wireless on your laptop anywhere within Telfair community, thats interesting. One thing though that scares me relocating in Sugarland is this new concept to me of Property Tax - 3.24%. And looks like that keeps on changing and getting towards higher end for every appraisel.. any comments

Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
Just talked a co-worker of mine that closed last week on an Inventory David Weekly Home in Telfair. She said that they were willing to negotiate on price. She said work out a good deal, and then when signing the contract bring in a good Realtor that will work with you and possibly contribute to the closing ("Realtor contribution item") to save more!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 PM

13 posts, read 51,350 times
Just curious to know what percentage was reduced on the price.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 21,899 times
Default Telfair Airports

Could anyone give me more detail on how much noise is produced by the airplane flying over telfair? I am really interested in telfair, but lots that we want on in northern part of telfair so its in direct flight line. I can not seem to find anywhere the sugar land airport flight line that goes through telfair to tell me how much decibel it is. I'm concern of the noise, but not sure if it loud inside a house because outside you can hear it very clearly.

Any help would be great from anyone that is currently living in telfair or knows about living near an airport?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 PM

232 posts, read 701,323 times
Inside the house you hardly notice it at least in mine.I beleive the flight path is between New Territory and Telfair for the most part. If you live east of University, you hardly ever see a plane directly over you. I believe that the airport and sugar land has an understanding that flights after 9:00pm or before 6:00am are not allowed with some exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Could anyone give me more detail on how much noise is produced by the airplane flying over telfair? I am really interested in telfair, but lots that we want on in northern part of telfair so its in direct flight line. I can not seem to find anywhere the sugar land airport flight line that goes through telfair to tell me how much decibel it is. I'm concern of the noise, but not sure if it loud inside a house because outside you can hear it very clearly.

Any help would be great from anyone that is currently living in telfair or knows about living near an airport?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 21,899 times
I'm looking in the area of north of floriencia st. I drove by and parked the car with my wife and saw a 737 plane or that size fly directly over us. There is people already have built in the area, but I didn't knock on someone's door yet to ask. If you saying east of university is really less noise....then the west side that i'm thinking about is going to be pretty loud. I just want to make a real good decision in this before jumping the gun and making a person for the rest of my life...If anyone else know of a direct flight plan map...that will be great. thanks again xavier1774.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM

152 posts, read 537,367 times
This is the first time I hear someone mention a big plane flying (low) over Telfair. 737 is too big for the Sugar Land Airport. So that plane must be flying to/from Hobby, which means everyone in Sugar Land or Missouri City must have seen/heard the plane.

As for smaller planes from SL Airport, it's barely noticeable from inside my home. From outside, it's heard once in a while but they don't bug me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
I'm looking in the area of north of floriencia st. I drove by and parked the car with my wife and saw a 737 plane or that size fly directly over us. There is people already have built in the area, but I didn't knock on someone's door yet to ask. If you saying east of university is really less noise....then the west side that i'm thinking about is going to be pretty loud. I just want to make a real good decision in this before jumping the gun and making a person for the rest of my life...If anyone else know of a direct flight plan map...that will be great. thanks again xavier1774.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston