Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,358 times

Advertisements

So I am working in Angleton and currently living in the Manvel area. I like to go out and hit the bar scene and I am thinking about just relocating to the midtown area. I need wherever I live to be fairly easy access to hwy 288 since that is the way I will be getting to and from work.

I have looked at Smith Street apartments (right by little woodrows) and that is about a 50 minute drive as long as traffic is not crazy. I will leave early in the mornings and not get back until the evening times. I wouldn't mind living a bit closer to work but want to be inside the loop and the easier it is to walk around from a social aspect the better.

Are there other areas I should be looking at?

Then the big thing I am coming to the forums for...I would like a one bedroom apartment, doesn't have to be a big one but not looking for a studio. Think 600-800 square foot. My max budget would be around 1400 a month.....but in a perfect world I would be spending closer to 1200. Any help and suggestions on apartments or other bar friendly areas to think about that are the same distance I would appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM

29 posts, read 53,784 times
One thing to consider that might help your commute time would be staying south of the 288/45 interchange. I live off south more/288, regardless of the day or time, there is always traffic there in both directions, as well as with 59. If you looked right around the Hermann Park golf course, there are some nice apartments, while avoiding that traffic. Plus, you are a $5 uber ride from midtown/montrose/rice village, etc.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,358 times
Anyone have particular apartments they would suggest?

Old 02-27-2018, 12:57 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Try the Meridian east of Hermann Park, they should have some units in that range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: