Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,712,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
This thread is 2.5 years old and was given a rebirth by someone trolling for a relationship.
I figured that was Texas User.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I figured that was Texas User.
I did not re start this thread.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I did not re start this thread.
It was at the top when I posted, so someone did dig it up - and I never noticed that the original post was 2008. I don't remember who it was - but I also didn't really notice anything unusual about the new post - but maybe I was just naive.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,765 times
Wow this thread has really helped me out as well and it's 2013!!! I'm thinking of moving there soon for grad school so this info has been great!! Thanks everyone!

Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,022 times
I'm seeing more and more gay people now days in Houston (i.e. black).

Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM

427 posts, read 948,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derex View Post
It's funny that there are over 2300 views on this post and only 3 responses, everyones curious but has nothing to say. Good Luck LoL
How are most of us supposed to know the answer to the OP's question? I don't. So I didn't respond to the OP.

Why is that so curious?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:04 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I'm seeing more and more gay people now days in Houston (i.e. black).
Yeah. More visual, less downlow guys.

They are starting to dress nicer too.

More clothes that fit, rather than hanging rags.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:16 PM

12 posts, read 27,833 times
yea the black gay popluation in houston has come a long way, not on atl, dc , and new york level , but not too far off.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:01 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,822,443 times
Whoa, this thread has been revived from the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Montrose area.
While it's still open and on the front page, I'd like to bring up the fact that it feels like the epicenter of gay life in Houston is starting to change, or in the very least decentralizing from Montrose. A common cycle in large cities with 'gayborhoods' is that once an area has been defined as that part of town, it typically sees a cultural and financial renaissance, which in turn causes more well to do families to move back into the area, which eventually makes it unaffordable for the original population that helped convert the area, thus forcing them to move out somewhere else and repeat the cycle.

Houston/Montrose has been relatively unaffected by this trend as much as other 'gay' parts of town in other large cities have, but I think that day has finally come or is starting to here as well. Sure the center of gay nightlife will still probably be Pacific st. @ Montrose at least for quite awhile more, but it doesn't feel as many gay people are living in close proximity of the neighborhood as they once were. It's essentially all yuppie families, upscale restaurants, and mattress firms now. A lot of my friends have always wanted to live in Montrose, but couldn't dream of affording the average rent there now and therefore have to settle continuing to live with their families or moving to some far flung suburb where rates are much cheaper. Does anyone feel that there will be a new part of town like Montrose once was, and if so, where would that be centralized near? East of Downtown? Downtown? Some part of the heights that hasn't been as gentrified/developed yet? I found it interesting that the pride parade was going to be moved downtown this year as well until there was a lot of outcry. Alternatively, perhaps 'being gay' is less of an identity today since it is more accepted, and perhaps these traditional areas of town are less needed in today's society since it's easier for a young gay person to meet other gay people in any part of the metro now. Sorry for the pre-coffee ramblings, it's just a trend I've been noticing for awhile and am obviously interested in.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 AM

130 posts, read 164,131 times
Well, Houston has quite a few black people (more Mexicans, but still lots of blacks) and I think that any city of a decent size has things for gay people to do.

I see questions like this all over the forum. I don't even know why. It is safe to assume that any city of size (let alone one of the largest in the USA) has at least a few areas that have stuff for gays to do, and a simple search would show you that this part of Texas has lots of Black people.

I mean, if you go look for trouble and problems you will find them anywhere even San Francisco, but if you keep your personal sex life personal you have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston