Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 08:30 PM

389 posts, read 595,938 times

Advertisements

Which water park is the best in the Houston area?

I love the Galveston Schlitterbahn. We love how the lazy river isn't lazy but has a strong current.

I was wondering how the other waterparks compare?

I live on the westside of town, so Typhoon Texas is the closest. I've never been, as it only opened last year. How does it compare to the Schlitterbahn? I've heard mixed things about it. But I'd love to check it out.

Also, despite being born and raised in Houston, I've never been to Splashtown (or at least can't remember having been there). It's my understanding that is the largest of the Houston area waterparks.

Which waterpark has the best slides? Best wave pool? Best lazy river? Cleanest? Safest? Smallest wait time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 07:20 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,769,052 times
Don’t forget about the new one water park in New Caney. I know there’s another one in Baytown too.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:23 AM

946 posts, read 1,134,698 times
I'd like to know which one of the parks are more toddler friendly.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:50 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,570,155 times
Typhoon Texas is way to small I bet the new one in New Caney will be small to. IHMO opinion go to the one in Galveston I have been 3 times I liked it every time try to go mid week like a Tuesday or Wednesday the weekend can get really crowed.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:01 AM

672 posts, read 846,838 times
Typhoon Texas has been open for 2 years now. It's 25 acres....Big Rivers in New Caney will be a little over 40 acres.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:57 PM

469 posts, read 1,100,657 times
I have not been to Splashtown yet so I can't compare that one but I do like the rides there.

Went to Typhoon Texas last season and we had a great time. While not the biggest park, they have a great variety of slides. The star of the park is the Texas Flag family raft ride. Its a lot of fun. They also have several different types of drop slides and single/double raft rides. Its definitely worth going to if that is the park closest to you. Plus its only $60 for a season pass. They also own the lot next door and plan to expand.

Overall Schlitterbahn has the best slides/rides. They have several water coasters that are fun. Their river is more of a "not so lazy river" and they send waves through a lot of it. I will say to make sure to go early in the season. We went last year towards the end and a lot was down. The employee I talked to said they don't fix rides towards the end of the season and wait for the off season.

I do want to try Splashtown because they have a few slides that the other parks don't have.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:44 PM

672 posts, read 846,838 times
For those that don't know about the new water park opening next month in New Caney, the info is below....we already have our season passes!

Big Rivers Waterpark & Gator Bayou | Year-Round Fun for the Entire Family

Old 05-29-2018, 03:06 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,731,452 times
I haven't been too excited about visiting any Schlitterbahn parks since they killed that kid https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/27/us/sc...sts/index.html

The worst thing about that was that multiple kids had been injured previously on the ride and they covered it up until someone died. When you go to these places you assume the ride is safe. I mean if people were getting hurt they wouldn't let you on right but you can't assume that with Schlitterbahn.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:44 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,790,319 times
Of these three, I've only been to Typhoon Texas, but came away very impressed. It's new, clean, and wasn't unbearably crowded when we went. It's on the smaller side but the rides that they do have are top-notch.

For what it's worth, I grew up going to New Braunfels Schlitterbahn all summer long, and I actually prefer Typhoon Texas. NB Schlitterbahn is old, dirty, crowded, and the owners don't seem to care about updating it because it rakes in plenty of money as is.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:49 PM

469 posts, read 1,100,657 times
Also, I will add about Typhoon Texas. When we went it was mostly families. I know there was worry it would just be another Astroworld at the end. Parents dropping their teens off to cause trouble. Going back soon so hopefully the lowered season pass price doesn't ramp this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston