Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2018, 11:07 AM

447 posts, read 484,294 times

Advertisements

I will not comment on immigration issues, but I'm against separating children with parents. That's just wrong. Child has a right to be with the parent, not necessary right to be in the country, but right to be with parents.

Nana, you are right, law is against separating children with parents.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 30,440,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmatt View Post
And I object at illegal immigrants constantly breaking our laws and putting their own kids at risk. Isn't that the big elephant in the room? And somehow we're now to blame for following our own laws and protecting our country? Just basic common sense, forget the scripture.
To me the elephant in the room is you coming in here with 100-something posts over a few months and telling a longtime member and moderator what they're supposed to post about. But I digress. We get you don't care.

I personally ignore people and things I don't care about.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:24 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,445,918 times
My feelings for or against illegal immigration aside, I strongly disagree with separating children from their parents and these politicians should be ashamed of themselves, especially the ones with their own children.

I will never agree with this and the GOP needs to very closely watch how they tread because with stuff like this they could easily break the camels back that the DNC has been waiting for.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:49 AM

61,295 posts, read 86,187,392 times
I am just glad the kids are grouped together, and cared for. They are also registered, and it would be easier to find their parents to reunite them. Small kids don't make life decisions. They have nothing to do with the politics. They just suffer because they lost their parents. They should never get separated.
Immigration and politics aside, I am happy someone takes care of them now. Some are still in diapers. Hope the situation gets resolved, soon.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:19 PM

98 posts, read 90,626 times
And what is to you? THIS? So if I am not a long time member or mod I don't have a right my own opinion :-) Nice touch and thanks for helping. I take it banning is the way of the land here in this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
To me the elephant in the room is you coming in here with 100-something posts over a few months and telling a longtime member and moderator what they're supposed to post about. But I digress. We get you don't care.

I personally ignore people and things I don't care about.
Attached Thumbnails
Houston warehouse eyed as new shelter for immigrant children-city-data.jpeg  

Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM

As I SAID. This post is very political charged and it should be shut down immediately or moved to the politics or immigration forum. It got NOTHING to do with Houston.

And obviously "reporting" this post won't work, for the obvious reason, because someone here can.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:04 PM

I agree, I am also glad they're grouped together cared for and also registered, so they can get reunited with their parents on the other side of our borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am just glad the kids are grouped together, and cared for. They are also registered, and it would be easier to find their parents to reunite them. Small kids don't make life decisions. They have nothing to do with the politics. They just suffer because they lost their parents. They should never get separated.
Immigration and politics aside, I am happy someone takes care of them now. Some are still in diapers. Hope the situation gets resolved, soon.

Last edited by dcmatt; 06-17-2018 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-17-2018, 01:10 PM

Yeah yeah yeah I heard that argument before. Our asylum laws are being abused and literally a joke. Talking about beating and milking the system. There is a big difference between "political" asylum and "economic" asylum. If there was a true political tragedy in south I am sure UN will be there by now. Meanwhile we have to foot the bill for millions of illegal immigrants including innocent children.

"family’s rights to due process"? Kindly point me to this made up right or law in our country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Many of the children being separated from there parents did NOT cross the border illegally. They presented themselves at the border to seek asylum in accordance with our laws. The border guards took them across the border and took them into custody and separated their children from them which is not what the law says should happen. Taking children away from parents who are legally trying to seek asylum in the United States constitutes a violation of the family’s rights to due process.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 PM

So elnina you said this is not political at all? How do you defend your abusive thread now? Again please move it a political or immigration forum as it got nothing to do with Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
I will never agree with this and the GOP needs to very closely watch how they tread because with stuff like this they could easily break the camels back that the DNC has been waiting for.

Last edited by dcmatt; 06-17-2018 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM

986 posts, read 1,263,272 times
People, stop feeding him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: