Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 11:24 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I remember when Willowbrook had Foley's, Lord and Taylor and Montogemory Ward. They all left and it survived. I think Macy's took the Foley's spot. I prefer Foley's. Red Apple Sales all the way. Macy's is too expensive. Same quality in JC Penney for half the price. 2 blouses for $90 at Macy's. Same style in JC Penney $60.

I'm still mad about Mervyn's closing and The Room Store opening. I loved that Mervyn's.
Foley's fashion sense was very provincial compared to Macy's. JC Penney is struggling these days but Macy's is still successful in the industry. Macy's has better quality products than the junk sold in JC Penney, Sears, and Kohl's.

How could you be mad about Mervyn's closing when the entire company went bankrupt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Ecause it’s the largest big shopping area in close proximity to a large population. No competition.
Also it is in an affluent area. Nordstrom had to open a store in The Woodlands because the 50-mile drive to The Galleria was time-consuming and many customers hailed from the north side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 03:11 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
The HPOs and Katy Mills are their own animals, though for whatever reason Katy Mills has never had the drawing power or success of other Mills properties like Grapevine.
Back home we have Sugarloaf Mills. I don't know how I just realized that Katy Mills and Sugarloaf Mills are basically of the same design. I've been inside Katy Mills once. I thought it looked kind of dated. It's hard for me to believe Sugarloaf Mills was opened just 2 years later because I don't think it looks as dated despite being from practically the same time. I went to Katy Mills during the week so naturally it wasn't going to be too busy but I still felt like it should have been a little busier.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:22 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
I have not been in a while but isn’t Katy Mills getting a redesign??

Old 08-11-2018, 09:17 AM

1,091 posts, read 1,076,254 times
Wait, Greenspoint Mall didn't make the list of nominations?? ;-)

Old 08-11-2018, 09:55 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliefland View Post
West Oaks mall is going to be demolished and redeveloped into something very similar to City Center
Link?

Old 08-11-2018, 01:57 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
My favorites are Baybrook, Galleria, and Memorial City.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:42 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
My favorites are Baybrook, Galleria, and Memorial City.
Which happen to be considered by real estate folks as the top 3 malls in the region. Then you have The Woodlands (probably benefits more from its location in Town Center than from its mall-ness), and it drops off from there.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:10 AM

137 posts, read 177,178 times
speaking of mall....we moved to Sugar land. Have been to the local (sugar land) mall which does not have a good selection, even the Dillards is meh. Also have visited the Galleria which is to much (has everything but a real production to drive, park and locate the stores) and to far. Is there anything in between both store wise and distance wise?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmom2011 View Post
speaking of mall....we moved to Sugar land. Have been to the local (sugar land) mall which does not have a good selection, even the Dillards is meh. Also have visited the Galleria which is to much (has everything but a real production to drive, park and locate the stores) and to far. Is there anything in between both store wise and distance wise?
The Galleria is manageable once you figure it out. For example, I like to approach from Richmond Ave and park in the lot by Nordstrom/Macy's. You avoid the crazy Westheimer traffic and lots that way, and most of the stores I shop at are in that wink.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:27 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Federated and Dillard's both went on a M&A spree. Federated bought Foley's many years ago.

Check out who owns what. Most of those mall stores are all owned buy 5 or 6 companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston