Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 01:21 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasv2 View Post
Again, I very much appreciate all the comments, they are most certainly helpful. Thank you!

My husband will do Park and Ride, so accessing I-10 or Westpark isn't a major factor for us. We want to live west of 99 as personal preference; as I said, we lived in Pine Mill Ranch years ago, and prior to that lived in Cinco east of 99, so we are familiar with most of Katy. We moved away 5 years ago and as we all know, things build fast in Katy and therefore a lot out west has changed!

We're just trying to understand what the newer neighborhoods offer, and as school was of little to no importance to us years ago, now trying to figure out what schools would be beneficial for our children, in a neighborhood we like.
As far as elementary, please take a look at Griffin Elementary. My kids went there 2007-2009 and many of the teachers and principal still remain. So not a lot of turnover there. Another reason to like it is because it is relatively land locked as far as elementary zoning. When Holland El opened in 2008, it pulled a lot of students out but new homes were about done being built.

Elementary schools are built for 1100 students. Many are at or over capacity. Griffin is around 700-800.
Nice neighborhoods too. Mainly Cinco West and Grand Lakes. It is oddly the only elementary school in this area to not be at/over capacity. And there’s something to be said for teachers/admin who stay at their schools without the turnover you will see in newer schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 09:10 PM

214 posts, read 306,837 times
I'll take the opportunity to plug Fulshear. Your price point gets you into fulbrook on Fulshear creek. Has a different feel than Katy...more country...like you've left suburbia. The lcisd schools that service it are as good as kisd schools and will remain smaller in total size due to lcisd policies. I work in energy corridor and my commute is the same as it was from Firethorne since I don't hit any traffic getting to I10. And that's my plug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston