Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 03:52 PM

7 posts, read 6,415 times

Advertisements

So I've decided to make a career move. I'm in between positions near S.Main & MacGregor Way. If you have any info on Harris County Psych Center I'd love to hear it. I'm just unsure of where to stay. I've done some research and Pearland seems to be a good area. I want to be in an area that has really good schools but is also no more than a 30 minute commute to work. I really would love to be in an area that is also close to my daughter's school. I spent last week in Westbury and enjoyed the area but had some friends say "it's not a area you really want to live in." I'm planning on renting in the beginning and I'm open to a home or apartment complex. My main concern is good schools, public or private. Also do you allow your children to ride the bus to school or do you usually take them? I apologize for this post being all over the place. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm open to other areas as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 04:19 PM

15 posts, read 27,303 times
Westbury is perfectly fine. I bought a home here last year, just before Harvey, and we didn't flood. Lots of homes here didn't flood, in fact, when neighboring ones did.

Have you asked your friends why they say it's not an area you want to live in? What did they say beyond that?

Central Westbury is going to be getting a brand new library, too, so there's that. I can't speak for the other parts of Westbury, the edges of the neighborhood and such. Maybe someone else has insight?

Old 08-26-2018, 05:43 PM

190 posts, read 209,982 times
What grade is your daughter in? Westbury is great, but maybe not for high school.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:52 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,833,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFavoriteRN View Post
So I've decided to make a career move. I'm in between positions near S.Main & MacGregor Way. If you have any info on Harris County Psych Center I'd love to hear it. I'm just unsure of where to stay. I've done some research and Pearland seems to be a good area. I want to be in an area that has really good schools but is also no more than a 30 minute commute to work. I really would love to be in an area that is also close to my daughter's school. I spent last week in Westbury and enjoyed the area but had some friends say "it's not a area you really want to live in." I'm planning on renting in the beginning and I'm open to a home or apartment complex. My main concern is good schools, public or private. Also do you allow your children to ride the bus to school or do you usually take them? I apologize for this post being all over the place. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm open to other areas as well.
Pearland public schools are excellent. You may want to stay on the east side closer to Main given you work location. 288 is awful right now and will be for a while due to construction.

Here is the zoning for pearland schools:
Zoning Information / Overview

You can click the find where you are zoned if you know where you want to live. There are many nice subdivisions. Will you be buying or renting?

Old 08-28-2018, 03:53 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,268,794 times
what is your budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: