Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 09:53 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Trust me, these facts will be met by radio silence. Inconvenient facts are never addressed by those who prefer simple talking points.

It's always amazing to me that people want to cheerlead for "their team" so bad (two teams that only care about their own well-being at the end of the day) that they will straight up ignore things that they don't want to hear. Maybe some of these people are being paid by political parties, I don't know, but we've really gotten to the point where people want to claim that the "other side" is being extreme with zero acknowledgement of the extremism on their own side.

I laughed yesterday when I saw Rajon Rondo claim he never spit on Chris Paul, despite video evidence existing showing the spit flying. The times we live in are a time when people legitimately think that they can create their own truths. The only reason this works is that as a society we don't think critically anymore - we want others to do our thinking for us in order to reinforce what we already believe, we don't want to challenge our personal belief system (and potentially grow from what we find, uncomfortable as it can be at times). So people like Rondo can say they didn't spit, regardless of the video existing showing the spit, and people who already don't like Chris Paul will believe him. Even Tony Kornheiser said he didn't see any spit. I question how this man can drive with eyesight like that.

I only bring this up to say that in 2018, there are plenty of people that will believe what people they agree with tell them to believe over their "lying eyes". Scary. We've allowed our political parties to use simple human tribalism against us and divide our country to their benefit. That has happened before in numerous countries with predictably disasterous results in almost all cases. None of us benefit from the political situation as it stands today - it makes us weaker domestically and internationally, and in such a way where the effects of our political polarization may only be seen 5, 10, 15 years from now. But we can't continue to have public debates that devolve into "your extremists are worst than our extremists". The extremists are more active now than ever because of this type of behavior and its only going to get worse as we continue down this path.
Agree. I'm guessing that nobody on this board is mailing bombs to Obama or attacking Republicans on the street. Painting both sides with the same brush as the extremes is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
You are free to report it.

Or lets put it that way, its just a coincidence that the richest happen to have the same DNA - in terms of hard work, perseverance, smartness, intelligence, business acumen combined for years together.
Are "smartness" and "intelligence" the same thing? Asking for a (Jewish) friend.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:11 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
marksmu! Inquiring minds are *still* waiting for you to reveal your favorite news sources giving unbiased, fact-checked, transparently-sourced information.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:17 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Are "smartness" and "intelligence" the same thing? Asking for a (Jewish) friend.
They are different things. I am intelligent but not smart.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
marksmu! Inquiring minds are *still* waiting for you to reveal your favorite news sources giving unbiased, fact-checked, transparently-sourced information.
He went down to southern Mexico to find out who in the caravan is eating tabouli and baba ganoush. He will immediately report his findings to Alex Jones.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:41 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
He went down to southern Mexico to find out who in the caravan is eating tabouli and baba ganoush. He will immediately report his findings to Alex Jones.
Well we have no evidence to the contrary.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Well we have no evidence to the contrary.
I actually get all my info about Ted Cruz from his great website: https://www.tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,154,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
As you may have heard, the rally was originally booked in the NRG Arena but due to demand they moved it to the much larger Toyota Center just a couple days ago. People were standing in line on Saturday night waiting to get in and when the rally started there were still thousands waiting outside watching on a big screen.

The lines waiting to get in were perfect examples of the mixture of cultures and people we have in this great metropolitan area. I was told there were some protesters but I haven't seen any reports or photos of them anywhere, it looks like it was a very peaceful and well controlled event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP20S6Lfq4s
I didn't read all of these comments, but a had to laugh it this quote. "The lines waiting to get in were perfect examples of the mixture of cultures and people we have in this great metropolitan area".

Since when are nothing but old white people mixture of cultures?

Old 10-24-2018, 12:09 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle View Post
I didn't read all of these comments, but a had to laugh it this quote. "The lines waiting to get in were perfect examples of the mixture of cultures and people we have in this great metropolitan area".

You mean nothing but old white people?
Yes because there is no diversity in people “having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa.” <=== census bureau definition

Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,154,391 times
I can guarantee you the were no Middle East or North African people at the Trump rally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston