Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:55 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times

Advertisements

I wonder how the academics and/or safety are at Walnut Bend compared to Askew (Vanguard magnet) or the private schools...

I am aware white parents often dont like enrolling their own children in a school with hardly any white kids, but it may be good to think about the other aspects...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Briangrove is great if you can afford private. There is Grace church/school and Ascension elementary at the vicinity . As long as they can go to magnet or vanguards it will be a great area. The zoned elementary is Walnut and its not majority White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM

104 posts, read 110,706 times
We lived in the Woodlands before relocating to Katy. It was a long drive into the city for my husband but close to Bush airport. Depending on how long a commute you are willing to put up with, we noticed a few developments off 1488 in Conroe that advertised 1/2 acre lots. That was a couple years ago though.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:29 AM

978 posts, read 1,057,340 times
When I hear the words "Conservative" or Liberal" I hear someone who doesn't have ability or maturity to even consider opposing viewpoints. Luckily the Houston area is not that...yes' it's heavily Republican in the suburbs/ Democrat inside the loop but I really wouldn't want a wacko-jacko C or L to move to our region.

We are too lenient, on both sides, with their extreme "my way or the highway" views for out country..both sides.
The ones who are unable to relate to other people and their views and thoughts.

We've worked too hard, as a region/city, at creating a diverse place where you can work hard and create a decent life for yourself and most like the political and cultural diversity that we've created. We NEVER want to be a Conservative or Liberal paradise.

If you have a different idea..what exactly do you mean by 'Conservative'? Because even in the most Republican neighborhoods, you might have some that don't agree with you.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM

978 posts, read 1,057,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasnyder View Post
Hey you guys don’t turn this into a hatred thread.. I’m just simply asking questions about the areas. I’m just exploring the ideas of moving. Of course I wouldn’t move if we can’t find a job, that comes first. I just wanted to get a general idea of community, jobs and school. I have nothing against anyone, I’m just simply stating my opinion and what I’m looking for to raise my kids! I really appreciate all of your comments! I’ll definitely do a little more research in the area!
The three most Hateful words in the American English Language are the N word, the C word, and the L word.
The N word is viewed by the majority as being a horrible thing to say. The other 2 are GUARANTEED to spread hate...they are the extreme, stubborn views of both parties. Half the room will hate you instantly for even mentioning those words.

Frankly, more and more people are getting sick of both sides...why would we want someone to move to our state that has that type of attitude? Name one good reason?

We want open minded respectful people who work hard, contribute to the region/city, are tolerate of their neighbors and their viewpoints and represent what a Texan/Houstonian is with 'pride'. I could care less if you are a Republican or Democrat or where you want a % of your tax money to go to this or that.

You used the C word in your title...so don't say you didn't don't know where the 'hate' comes from.
If you honestly didn't expect this...just look what happens next time someone mentions the C word or L word...in person, on social media, etc. because the hate will soon follow....you can set your clock to it.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:36 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
We have "conservatives" championing eminent domain government land seizure (for a cause that supports their worldview) while "liberals" are complaining about troops being pulled out of what had been endless, aimless wars with no objective.

Bizarro world, I tell you.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:10 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
The three most Hateful words in the American English Language are the N word, the C word, and the L word.
The N word is viewed by the majority as being a horrible thing to say. The other 2 are GUARANTEED to spread hate...they are the extreme, stubborn views of both parties. Half the room will hate you instantly for even mentioning those words.

Frankly, more and more people are getting sick of both sides...why would we want someone to move to our state that has that type of attitude? Name one good reason?

We want open minded respectful people who work hard, contribute to the region/city, are tolerate of their neighbors and their viewpoints and represent what a Texan/Houstonian is with 'pride'. I could care less if you are a Republican or Democrat or where you want a % of your tax money to go to this or that.

You used the C word in your title...so don't say you didn't don't know where the 'hate' comes from.
If you honestly didn't expect this...just look what happens next time someone mentions the C word or L word...in person, on social media, etc. because the hate will soon follow....you can set your clock to it.

YOU ARE NOT LYING. I can't rep you twice. Exactly.

Living in a suburb doesn't guarentee a certain mindset. I live in an area considered "conservative" and have not one but TWO sets of gay couple/male neighbors. I know it's not always the case but there is a very clear gender role in both couples akim to Will and Grace. The Jacks are my dog walking conversation.

I'm sure they don't mesh with your viewpoint. The point being, just because it's an area deemed a certain viewpoint doesn't mean everyone follows it. One of the husbands still has an Obama/Biden 08 bumper sticker then there's a McCain/Palin Ford 450 down the street. We all say hi checking the mailboxes and leave each other alone.

No one hates on or bothers anyone and every speaks at Neighborhood Night Out despite Ls and Cs mixing and mingling.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:28 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Here's your answer again ..... in case that you missed it

UPDATED: Where Trump Lost Harris County, Mapped | Swamplot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston