Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 01:05 PM

97 posts, read 161,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
It’s all subjective anyways, Bridgeland is a great choice, but just to note Towne Lake is a great choice too, my family lives there in one of the newer sections off Greenhouse and we’re pretty happy with it. We do have a nice boat docked on the lake, so perhaps that influenced a tad, however we also liked that Towne Lake is a good size but isn’t a humongous 14,000 home mpc.

Each section is relatively small and thus easy to get in and out onto main thoroughfares, whereas Bridgeland is much larger and feels much more like a maze getting in and out of. Perhaps that could also be an advantage if you want to feel insulated, but personally we have preferred the opposite. Towne Lake is slightly smaller on price per sq ft amongst the same developers/plans, has slightly bigger backyards often, and feels like the homes are bunched up a lot less close than in Bridgeland, although they’re pretty close still too as most Houston suburbs have trended that way with new development; seems like if you want a huge yard you have to buy acreage property or in an older neighborhood.

With Bridgeland Creek Parkway opened up to 99, most Bridgeland homes are maybe 2-3 minutes closer to 99 than TL homes, so really no advantage, perhaps 5 minutes for the furthest TL homes, and Tuckerton will open up to 99 soon too. Bridgeland certainly takes the cake as far as parks with Oak Meadow since it’s beautiful and they have more planned, but TL has put in some beautiful parks too. There’s a new park on Greenhouse along the lake with beautiful old oak trees. Bridgeland is probably better protected from blight as things around this area age east and south than TL is though.

Honestly, I can see the advantages of both. If I had kids, I’d probably lean Bridgeland, but if I didn’t and I wanted a large custom home, then I think TL has more options and the lakefront backyard has much more wow factor than any Bridgeland Home settings. Both are good choices. Welcome to South Cypress!
Thanks for your reply! You made some great points. You are right about Bridgeland's size. We have gotten lost in Bridgeland, but we think it will be a great neighborhood for our kids. I like the water at Towne Lake. I can see my family being very happy in both neighborhoods. We will look at some model homes to see what we like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 04:19 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,793,419 times
Bridgeland

Old 02-10-2019, 05:43 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,699,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Bridgeland
Agree

Old 02-11-2019, 01:29 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,803,003 times
I'm not saying Bridgeland isn't the correct answer persay, but it's interesting that it's overwhelmingly being promoted over TL on here. I wonder how many of these people are speaking from their own anecdotal information of living there or having friends/family directly vs just their opinion based on marketing visible online and the fact it's the much larger mpc, which means it will obviously be laid out in a grander fashion with more park/amenity locations to accommodate the much large community population.

The reason I mention is my family only knows 2 families within Bridgeland, and both kinda got drawn in by the marketing appeal over TL, however, after living in Bridgeland for a few years and while visiting our home in TL, both families have expressed buyer's remorse (to some degree or another) and have indicated they'd rather live on our street if they could re-do the selection process. With that being said, I accept that anecdotal information isn't really that reliable considering that's not necessarily indicative of everyone who lives at Bridgeland in general. Perhaps it could just be the specific sections, home(s), taste, or simply even politeness that's driving those comments. It is a great neighborhood no doubt, but I'm surprised to see it overwhelmingly repped in comparison with TL.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:13 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,997,104 times
Honestly, we love where we live in CCL but if we had to move again, we'd pick Bridgeland over Towne Lake 10 times out of 10. Don't get me wrong, TL is a very nice neighborhood with beautiful homes and amenities, but Bridgeland just has a much nicer aesthetic to it for *our* tastes. This is very anecdotal, but is an observation as well...the people in Bridgeland are much more down to earth than the people in Towne Lake. We've met some extremely arrogant people in TL that won't let you forget they live in Towne Lake. It's sort of the reputation that TL residents have with a lot of people in the surrounding communities. Right, wrong or otherwise, it is what it is.

Quote:
I'm not saying Bridgeland isn't the correct answer persay, but it's interesting that it's overwhelmingly being promoted over TL on here. I wonder how many of these people are speaking from their own anecdotal information of living there or having friends/family directly vs just their opinion based on marketing visible online and the fact it's the much larger mpc, which means it will obviously be laid out in a grander fashion with more park/amenity locations to accommodate the much large community population.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 AM

23 posts, read 38,140 times
Quote:

The reason I mention is my family only knows 2 families within Bridgeland, and both kinda got drawn in by the marketing appeal over TL, however, after living in Bridgeland for a few years and while visiting our home in TL, both families have expressed buyer's remorse (to some degree or another) and have indicated they'd rather live on our street if they could re-do the selection process. With that being said, I accept that anecdotal information isn't really that reliable considering that's not necessarily indicative of everyone who lives at Bridgeland in general. Perhaps it could just be the specific sections, home(s), taste, or simply even politeness that's driving those comments. It is a great neighborhood no doubt, but I'm surprised to see it overwhelmingly repped in comparison with TL.
I can confirm that I live in Bridgeland and my comments are based on my own personal experience. I can also tell you that everyone I know in Bridgeland will tell you the same thing, they love Bridgeland and if they move again they would likely remain in Bridgeland. As I mentioned in my previous post, I think Towne Lake is a great option as well. I think FabulousE put it best "We feel like we can't go wrong with either neighborhood".

Old 02-11-2019, 06:49 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,699,818 times
My comment was based on our research of CCL, BL, & TL. We were considering moving to the Cypress area last year but decided to stay in Katy.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM

97 posts, read 161,037 times
Thanks for your feedback! We are leaning towards BL. We haven't made a final decision yet, but it seems like a better fit for our family.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,786 times
Default decision?

did you decide where to move? we are also building a house in bridgeland

Old 05-03-2019, 10:16 AM

509 posts, read 724,261 times
You should compare the property taxes and ALL the HOA related fees in both as part of your decision process. I don't know about Towne Lake, but Bridgeland is REALLY heavy on HOA fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston