Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:43 AM

65 posts, read 63,050 times

Advertisements

If i have a construction company, i would connect it to the neighborhood off of Townwood Dr by extending Trail Lake Ln all the way to Buffalo Speedway so it can be a full intersection, i would extend Eddtide Dr too

the W. Airport @ Buffalo Speedway intersection go's without saying, cause the W. Airport extension is in development right now.

As for places, i would build a H-E-B outlet off of Buffalo Speedway @ W. Airport, in addition of Little Caesars, Dollar General, O'Reilly's Auto Parts, CVS, Goodwill Donation Center, MetroPCS and 2 (or several) empty ones that can be sold as well as a Bank of America ATM.

I would also build a Shell (w/Whataburger) off of Buffalo Speedway @ W. Orem, a Citgo off of the Buffalo Speedway @ the connection to Holmes Rd, a Circle K also off of W. Airport @ Buffalo Speedway, and if its extended all the way to Sam Houston Tollway or at least Anderson Dr, then i'll build a Fiesta Mart (or Kroger maybe) outlet too w/Domino's Pizza, Subway, Shipley Do-Nuts, Sherwin-William Paints, Walgreens and McDonalds, and a Chase Bank also, as well as a Raceway gas station and Wendy's on the other side.

And if it's extended to Sam Houston Tollway, i would extend Summerlyn Dr and then make some land for someone (who's gonna make their small independent truck company, ala the ones off of W. Orem and S. Post Oak) to buy.

The garbage collection services, secure cash logistics, fuel suppliers (unless its Raceway and Sunoco, iirc on the latter) and food suppliers (unless its McDonalds, In-N-Out Burger, Papa John's, Domino's and Little Caesars) would be picked by my contractors. however who choose, they would serve the gas stations, restaurants, stores and any place with garbage cans.

but hey, its just a hypothetical future i thought of in my head.

what do you think of my plans (if i ever get a construction company)?

Last edited by HungryBox2001; 04-10-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:59 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBox2001 View Post
If i have a construction company, i would connect it to the neighborhood off of Townwood Dr by extending Trail Lake Ln all the way to Buffalo Speedway so it can be a full intersection, i would extend Eddtide Dr too

the W. Airport @ Buffalo Speedway intersection go's without saying, cause the W. Airport extension is in development right now.

As for places, i would build a H-E-B outlet off of Buffalo Speedway @ W. Airport, in addition of Little Caesars, Dollar General, O'Reilly's Auto Parts, CVS, Goodwill Donation Center, MetroPCS and 2 (or several) empty ones that can be sold as well as a Bank of America ATM.

I would also build a Shell (w/Whataburger) off of Buffalo Speedway @ W. Orem, a Citgo off of the Buffalo Speedway @ the connection to Holmes Rd, a Circle K also off of W. Airport @ Buffalo Speedway, and if its extended all the way to Sam Houston Tollway or at least Anderson Dr, then i'll build a Fiesta Mart (or Kroger maybe) outlet too w/Domino's Pizza, Subway, Shipley Do-Nuts, Sherwin-William Paints, Walgreens and McDonalds, and a Chase Bank also, as well as a Raceway gas station and Wendy's on the other side.

And if it's extended to Sam Houston Tollway, i would extend Summerlyn Dr and then make some land for someone (who's gonna make their small independent truck company, ala the ones off of W. Orem and S. Post Oak) to buy.

The garbage collection services, secure cash logistics, fuel suppliers (unless its Raceway and Sunoco, iirc on the latter) and food suppliers (unless its McDonalds, In-N-Out Burger, Papa John's, Domino's and Little Caesars) would be picked by my contractors. however who choose, they would serve the gas stations, restaurants, stores and any place with garbage cans.

but hey, its just a hypothetical future i thought of in my head.

what do you think of my plans (if i ever get a construction company)?
So is it complete all the way to Fuqua now?

Old 04-10-2019, 01:25 PM

yep, from I-610 to W. Fuqua

Old 04-10-2019, 02:09 PM

59 posts, read 46,839 times
I drove it about two weeks ago. There is a lot of potential development land there - hundreds and hundreds of acres from Holly Hall south to Fuqua along Buffalo Speedway. My guess is that much of it gets developed into townhouse style complexes or traditional neighborhoods with tiny yards, or perhaps a business park starting north and moving south along Buffalo Speedway. Maybe the Buffalo Speedway and Airport intersection might get a gas station and strip center at some point. Its a bit off the beaten path with the way the existing roads work (Holmes/Almeda) in that part of Houston and being bounded to the east by Wildcat Golf Club.

Last edited by ganadocoog; 04-10-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 03:24 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,202 times
[quote=ganadocoog;54908503]I drove it about two weeks ago. There is a lot of potential development land there - hundreds and hundreds of acres from Holly Hall south to Fuqua along Buffalo Speedway. My guess is that much of it gets developed into townhouse style complexes or traditional neighborhoods with tiny yards, or perhaps a business park starting north and moving south along Buffalo Speedway. Maybe the Buffalo Speedway and Airport intersection might get a gas station and strip center at some point. Its a bit off the beaten path with the way the existing roads work (Holmes/Almeda) in that part of Houston and being bounded to the east by Wildcat Golf Club.[/QUOTE

Too bad that UT research facility that was to be developed in that vicinity got shot down... I think that area would have really taken off. Oh well...

Old 04-11-2019, 12:43 AM

2,187 posts, read 3,214,982 times
Middle class housing would work - that’s whats in the area currently and we need more close to the loop. No use adding yuppie townhomes when it brings nothing to the school system or local area

HEB ain’t coming to the hood unless it’s Joe Vs. West Fuqua and Post Oak/Orem has enough jack in the boxes, etc

Old 04-11-2019, 05:28 AM

I have one more idea/suggestion

Get Metro to extend Route 84 to the Hiram Clarke TC, the same way they done the same with 87 and 52 (now 54) before the new bus network, so that Buffalo Speedway actually has a route

Old 04-11-2019, 10:39 AM

2,187 posts, read 3,214,982 times
It was the 11 when I grew up lol

Old 04-11-2019, 10:46 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
It was the 11 when I grew up lol
I remember taking it a couple times to town. That was a long, slow trek.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:00 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
I'm just surprised that Buffalo Speedway was just extended without constructing the trivial length of pavement to connect existing cross-streets. This orphan road is an example of poor city planning.

But the City of Houston hasn't been constructing new roads for the past few years (Budget shortfalls?). The section of Westpark Road in Alief through Royal Oaks was due to have the other carriageway completed, and the Shadow Lake section was due for a complete reconstruction--but neither has come to fruition yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston