Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 04:33 AM

18,127 posts, read 25,272,176 times

Advertisements

Houston’s gotta be the only place in the country where people want a white Christmas and at the same time a winter without freeing temperatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 1,375 times
This past summer was miserable. If you had to work outside you know exactly how intolerable it is. Humidity makes it almost impossible to breathe, so everyones stuck inside recycling the same air and getting a nice stink up.

Everyone here has sinus issues because of it. Don't think I know a single person around here that doesn't.

But it's home, and it definitely has it's great moments. Food is amazing, no other place has the selection and degree of quality.

Old 01-10-2024, 01:03 PM

9,863 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotundRabbit View Post
This past summer was miserable. If you had to work outside you know exactly how intolerable it is. Humidity makes it almost impossible to breathe, so everyones stuck inside recycling the same air and getting a nice stink up.

Everyone here has sinus issues because of it. Don't think I know a single person around here that doesn't.

But it's home, and it definitely has it's great moments. Food is amazing, no other place has the selection and degree of quality.
New York and LA have a higher amount of selection and quality of food than Houston

Anyway, Humidity sucks. But boy are you exaggerating the effects it has on breathing. Speaking of that, the opposite extreme (Phoenix, Denver) also have their effects on breathing. For those sensitive getting nosebleeds

Old 03-04-2024, 02:38 PM

188 posts, read 59,710 times
Yes between October and April.

It’s pretty nice those months.

Old 03-04-2024, 03:41 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,560,760 times
The fact that these threads tend to come up multiple times a year and people so vehemently try to defend the weather in Houston, tells me all I need to know. Me thinks many here try just a little too hard to sugar coat things.

Old 03-04-2024, 04:29 PM

961 posts, read 722,529 times
Feels like it's properly rated to me. If you like mild winters and oppressively hot & humid summers, then it's heaven. If not, it's the worst place in the lower 48. Feels like there's not many people that rate it as merely 'average'.

I couldn't do it, personally. 10 years in Dallas was tough enough from June-September, but every time I went to Houston I found myself happy to be going back to Dallas. But I acknowledge that's a personal preference and there are probably just as many people (or more) that can't tolerate the cold and snowy New England winters that I grew up with and don't bother me. But just like non-summer in Houston, the summers & fall in New England are glorious.

Someone else said it, but outside of coastal CA, every climate in this country has upsides and downsides.

Old 03-04-2024, 05:03 PM

188 posts, read 59,710 times
How do you all compare our climate to Dallas, Austin or San Antonio?

Old 03-04-2024, 10:33 PM

5 posts, read 1,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
How do you all compare our climate to Dallas, Austin or San Antonio?
Better. Not as humid. Each of those cities has some elevation on Houston and is somewhat nestled in the Hills.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:49 AM

18,127 posts, read 25,272,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
The fact that these threads tend to come up multiple times a year and people so vehemently try to defend the weather in Houston, tells me all I need to know. Me thinks many here try just a little too hard to sugar coat things.
For me, the issue is not the weather (heat) in Houston
the issue is the lack of trees for a city that has a 9 month long summer

Old 03-05-2024, 07:02 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,522,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
For me, the issue is not the weather (heat) in Houston
the issue is the lack of trees for a city that has a 9 month long summer
Just become rich and move to West University or Museum district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston