Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 07:51 PM

53 posts, read 44,528 times

Advertisements

Obviously, Cinco Ranch is not part of the real Katy. Even on maps, till today, it is not shown to be part of Katy. Geographically (distance wise), Cinco Ranch is closer to Richmond than Katy. Even parts of Cinco Ranch (along WPTR) is considered part of Richmond.

I am curious why Cinco Ranch decided to go with Katy instead of Richmond. I am sure the decision was up to Newland, the original (not sure if current) developer. Is it because of Katy ISD's reputation? That seems to be the only logical reason I can think of. If anybody knows, please enlighten me. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 10:01 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,468,300 times
When Cinco Ranch started development, the closest developed area, along Mason Road, was called Katy. Cinco Ranch was already in Katy ISD, and had been for a long time. The area to the Southwest wasn't developed for a long time. I was pretty happy when Mason was put through to Westheimer, as it was a great place to drive 100mph+. No cars, no cops, mostly straight road

Old 10-10-2019, 07:01 AM

160 posts, read 399,425 times
Because the post office that delivered mail to those communities came from the Katy post office. Developers don’t get to pick their addresses typically it is driven by mail delivery.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:48 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToKaty007 View Post
Obviously, Cinco Ranch is not part of the real Katy. Even on maps, till today, it is not shown to be part of Katy. Geographically (distance wise), Cinco Ranch is closer to Richmond than Katy. Even parts of Cinco Ranch (along WPTR) is considered part of Richmond.

I am curious why Cinco Ranch decided to go with Katy instead of Richmond. I am sure the decision was up to Newland, the original (not sure if current) developer. Is it because of Katy ISD's reputation? That seems to be the only logical reason I can think of. If anybody knows, please enlighten me. Thanks.
Original developer was American general. No way the bulk of the land is closer to Richmond than katy.ger a nap out and look for God's sake.they started development neat the closest freeway I10 and closest big city, Houston. Exactly what's your point when you lose your decision about closer to Richmond?

Old 10-10-2019, 05:47 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,489 times
FM 1093 is a very old road (now it is the westpark tollway). That was used to divide Katy ISD boundaries from Lamar CISD which is based in Richmond/Rosenberg.

South of 1093 uses the Richmond post office and north uses the Katy one.

It's old farm and prairie land. The postal and district boundaries were set many decades before Cinco Ranch even began to build. They didn't get to choose anything once they chose the location for their development.

It's interesting to see how Lamar CISD has exploded over the last ten years and gone from being a rural, lower rated district to an expansive one with great schools.

I know Royal ISD is starting that now as Katy ISD is getting built out. Even Cy-Fair development is starting to spill into Waller ISD.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:37 AM

223 posts, read 261,780 times
Quote:

Why do people on this board continue to abide this silliness. "Decided to go with?"

Every parcel of land has various geographic names assigned, that often conflict: A state. A county. An ISD (or MSD if Stafford). A zip code, that for some reason the post office has to associate with a city (not needed, 77494 is plenty to sort mail). Sometimes a city. Most of the time an ETJ.

Small minds need to pick one. Rational adults realize there are multiple attributes.

<End C-D rant>

Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Geographically (distance wise), Cinco Ranch is closer to Richmond than Katy. Even parts of Cinco Ranch (along WPTR) is considered part of Richmond.
If you're talking about the ZIP code, then yes Cinco Ranch is closer to Richmond, FM 1093 is the dividing line between the Katy and Richmond post offices.

But the Richmond-Rosenberg proper townsite is 10-15 miles from Cinco Ranch. Katy proper is only about 5-10 miles (depending on the portion of Cinco Ranch). Going to the courthouse in Richmond (such as jury duty) has long been a drag, especially now with the new courthouse opened in the Justice Center on vacant land next to the townsite. It used to be much harder 25 years ago before the Grand Parkway was built.

The old courthouse in the town grid was far enough, but having to cross the town and make multiple turns on narrow streets to the new center has added an extra 5-15 minutes to the trip.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:49 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
I will tell you why,because Cinco Ranch is a SOCIAL CLIMBER.
Katy is blooming ,and what is Richmond?
And someone mentioned the Richmond Post office,if the USPS is not broke,it should open a post office closer to 1093 and 1464
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston