Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 3,905 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have cockroaches and I'm looking for some recommendations for a pest control company that does more than just send a guy out to the house to spray around the edges of your baseboards and walls and charge you $75 bucks. Does anyone know of a company that actually offers some kind of comprehensive treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 11:34 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,017,815 times
Pick up some bifenthrin 7.9% and a pump sprayer from Home Depot and spray the perimeter at the foundation as directed. Spray every three months. You can use it inside but I've never had the need to. This stuff is fantastic and I haven't used a pest control company in 6 years. Best part is no spray inside with little kids.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:47 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
You can also try Demon WP in the 1 gallon sprayer, there is a 2 pack (each pack makes 4 gallons) for $18 on Amazon. I've been using this religiously for years.Houston tends to have flying cockroaches and all sorts of weirdo type bugs and it keeps them at bay. i even spray the area where I feed animals and will find insects belly up. It doesn't stink, dries clear and it's the same stuff the guy driving around in the truck charging $75 uses. Good luck, here's a quick review from Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bug control on the market!
Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2018
Size: 2Verified Purchase
I've use this product for over 20 years in South Florida and it hasn't failed me yet. One packet in a 1 gallon spray jug sprayed along the baseboards and around outside door frames and entry ways usually keeps me 8 months bug free-that includes spiders, palmetto bugs, roaches, ants, etc. It never has affected my dogs, children, or grandchildren...including my daughter who has allergies. I tell everyone I know about it. Those that have taken me up on it have been amazed. It even worked better than my boyfriend's $40/mo professional pest control service and is very inexpensive. Try it-you won't be disappointed-be sure to follow the directions.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:55 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
ABC pest pool and lawn

Old 05-15-2020, 11:13 PM

814 posts, read 675,479 times
domyownpestcontrol.com I use Temprid and Onslaught, inside and out every 6 months

never see a bug or spider

do it yourself means you can jump on it in a hurry if bugs decide to visit

Old 05-16-2020, 07:27 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
We had in infestation of those tiny roaches, and nothing we could do would get rid of them in our kitchen.

I went to BUGSPRAY.COM in Stone Mountain, Georgia which is a retail store and the internet's largest seller of termicides.
They have online tutorials that tell you how to rid yourself of 150+ bugs, spiders and critters of all kinds. They also sell all the products that pest control companies do not use as they don't want customers to know how to do their own pest control.

BUGSPRAY sold me a small tube of Roach Gel Bait, and I put small dollups on each side of my refrigerator and two dollups on each side of the dishwasher. The next morning I came out, and roaches were all over the place dying. I've never seen anything like it.

This website has been very beneficial to me throughout the years. They also taught me how to do my own termite treatments after my Atlanta area home had a couple of minor infestations. Saved me $1,200 over paying a pest control service that's more of an insurance company than a pest control company.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I think I would go with the recommendations given for doing it yourself. I called Orkin, some local companies and Massey Pest Control. I went with Massey. I am ashamed with what I paid for this so called service. They have been here Twice since March for spraying. I had to call them again today, because spiders are showing up again in the house.

Be careful with these pest companies. With Massey I questioned them from the start. They do not spray inside the home, that is their policy. Their policy is causing me to have continuous problems inside the house. Especially in bug prone Florida. I'm going to canx them, it was a complete waste of money.

Please consider people's advice Do it yourself. Go to a hardware store ask questions, as to what products they recommend. Go on YouTube. Watch a video on how it's done and what to do. Don't waste money on worthless pest control companies. It's another racket.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:15 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
Like I said before, go to BugSpray.com and order the correct pesticide for the problem.

They solved my 3 month roach infestation problem in one night.

Pest control companies no longer use any pesticides that are really good. State regulations have their services limited to the point where most are close to worthless. They're just insurance companies in most cases.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:58 AM

814 posts, read 675,479 times
I just got bit on my last Temprid purchase. Went to Amazon instead of the Doraville, GA company.
Bottle looked exactly the same in the picture (ingenius measuring top side cup) but was almost twice as expensive as I paid before.

But Amazon comes to my neighborhood everyday so what the heck...
Anyway the new bottle is half-size.
Lesson learned, paid almost 4x as much per oz.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:22 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
I just got bit on my last Temprid purchase. Went to Amazon instead of the Doraville, GA company.
Bottle looked exactly the same in the picture (ingenius measuring top side cup) but was almost twice as expensive as I paid before.

But Amazon comes to my neighborhood everyday so what the heck...
Anyway the new bottle is half-size.
Lesson learned, paid almost 4x as much per oz.
I’m going to try a box of Borax to rid my flea infestation. Exterminator has sprayed twice already, yet some are still here! I know that it works because I’ve seen Accumulated dead bugs in a Borax box before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston