Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 03:47 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,563 times

Advertisements

As far as I know, Acres Homes is the only area that's split between HISD, Klein and Aldine school districts. Are there any other areas of Houston that's split between multiple school districts? Acres Homes students being bused to Jersey Village HS wasn't uncommon even though JV is 20 minutes further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 04:03 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times
Jacinto City is half in HISD snd half in Galena Park ISD.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:56 PM

15,418 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Lots of Houston is not in HISD. Spring Branch covers a significant portion of the West side. There's a map on this page that shows the area school districts Independent School District(ISD) Map - Diane Moser Properties, Inc. - Houston School Information

Old 05-27-2020, 05:56 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,216,477 times
Southwest Crossing off Hillcroft is in both FBISD and HISD
Shadow Creek is in Pearland but split between FBISD and Alvin ISD

They did Acres Home like that for desegregation purposes when they could've gave them their own modern high school and shut it down but the area was so big it allowed Aldine and Klein ISD to pull minorities in. Never really made sense for the Klein.

But it gets even crazier off Antoine and Gulf Bank as the Inwood Communities next to Ike are zoned to Klein Forest and them up the street is Scarborough

Old 05-27-2020, 10:27 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,402 times
Clear Lake is zoned to CCISD.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:45 PM

569 posts, read 1,078,450 times
West Houston - Spring Branch ISD (East of Eldridge Rd, west of Loop 610, north of Buffalo Bayou, south of Clay Rd), Katy ISD within City of Houston (west of Eldridge, east of Hwy 6, north of Buffalo Bayou), Houston ISD - South of Buffalo Bayou, east of Hwy 6, north of Westheimer Rd if west of Beltway 8, extends south of Westheimer Rd into deep southwest Houston east of Beltway 8. Alief ISD covers areas west of Beltway 8, south of Westheimer Rd.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:10 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,216,477 times
I went looking for Westside one day and when I found it I didn't realize I was in Alief lol

Sadly, I know folks who live in Sunnyside attend school there

HISD went deep to get that one in but they're forced to do everything by Westbury as that's where the athletic facilities are unfortunately

Old 05-28-2020, 06:22 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Clear Lake is zoned to CCISD.
I was also going to mention CCISD (which is also split between two different counties- Harris and Galveston).

Old 05-28-2020, 12:02 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Lots of Houston is not in HISD. Spring Branch covers a significant portion of the West side. There's a map on this page that shows the area school districts Independent School District(ISD) Map - Diane Moser Properties, Inc. - Houston School Information
Thanks for the link. I checked it out and basically, the map is showing how if you don't like the zoned schools, you can go to another school outside your neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Southwest Crossing off Hillcroft is in both FBISD and HISD
Shadow Creek is in Pearland but split between FBISD and Alvin ISD

They did Acres Homes like that for desegregation purposes when they could've gave them their own modern high school and shut it down but the area was so big it allowed Aldine and Klein ISD to pull minorities in. Never really made sense for the Klein.

But it gets even crazier off Antoine and Gulf Bank as the Inwood Communities next to Ike are zoned to Klein Forest and them up the street is Scarborough
Yep. Not only for desegregation purposes, but as Acres Homes got bigger, there couldn't be one high school to serve the entire AH hood due to potential overcrowding. I went to Eisenhower, but I could've went to Booker T Washington or Carver high schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownNearNative View Post
West Houston - Spring Branch ISD (East of Eldridge Rd, west of Loop 610, north of Buffalo Bayou, south of Clay Rd), Katy ISD within City of Houston (west of Eldridge, east of Hwy 6, north of Buffalo Bayou), Houston ISD - South of Buffalo Bayou, east of Hwy 6, north of Westheimer Rd if west of Beltway 8, extends south of Westheimer Rd into deep southwest Houston east of Beltway 8. Alief ISD covers areas west of Beltway 8, south of Westheimer Rd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
I went looking for Westside one day and when I found it I didn't realize I was in Alief lol

Sadly, I know folks who live in Sunnyside attend school there

HISD went deep to get that one in but they're forced to do everything by Westbury as that's where the athletic facilities are unfortunately
Lol. Those Sunnyside folks use another address for their children to attend school elsewhere.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:18 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Lol. Those Sunnyside folks use another address for their children to attend school elsewhere.
Westside HS is in HISD and people can legitimately get into the magnet program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston