Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times

Advertisements

If you do it yourself, just remember: The prep is the most important thing you do. Do that half-a$$ed and you'll wish you never did it yourself in the first place.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM

258 posts, read 954,793 times
usc,

Did you end up hiring a pro? If so, who did you go with? I'm kind of interested in doing this to my garage and outdoor patio as well to cover up some stains I created by accident

I came across epoxyfloorshouston.com but was trying to find someone who had hired them for some feedback. There seems to be a ton of people who do epoxy and advertise on craigslist so I'm trying to see who has been doing this for a while and not just beginners trying to get into the business.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM

237 posts, read 648,635 times
Whatever you do, don't just go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy the stuff there. Check out Epoxy Coat. It is what I used on my new home. Very easy to put down yourself if you have someone to help you. The stuff is like steel...doesn't come up at all!!!! You can actually have it delivered to a Lowes and pick up there, a good way to go if you have a coupon for Lowes.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
usc,

Did you end up hiring a pro? If so, who did you go with? I'm kind of interested in doing this to my garage and outdoor patio as well to cover up some stains I created by accident

I came across epoxyfloorshouston.com but was trying to find someone who had hired them for some feedback. There seems to be a ton of people who do epoxy and advertise on craigslist so I'm trying to see who has been doing this for a while and not just beginners trying to get into the business.
No, I keep putting it off because 1. we keep putting other things ahead IE; painting, new shower door, wood floors etc... and 2. I'm dreading having to clear out the garage lol. Thanks for reminding me, I need to bring the idea back to the wife.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
No, I keep putting it off because 1. we keep putting other things ahead IE; painting, new shower door, wood floors etc... and 2. I'm dreading having to clear out the garage lol. Thanks for reminding me, I need to bring the idea back to the wife.
Yeah you and me both - clearing the garage will be a major PITA but I've been wanted to do it for a while now. I called epoxyfloorshouston website and they seem fairly priced and knowledgeable. They use commercial grade products like dickelfan mentioned, and buy the epoxy coat stuff from sherwin williams stores.

I'm kind of interested in doing a decal in the middle of my garage since I do have a lot of weightlifting equipment and to make it look like a small gym I'll update this thread with pics if I do decide to go for it.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,905 times
I ended up using Iron Drive for my 3 car tandem.
Full chip, good price, great product, lifetime warranty. Very happy.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
Looks great indeed. How much per SQF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I ended up using Iron Drive for my 3 car tandem.
Full chip, good price, great product, lifetime warranty. Very happy.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:02 PM

$3.59/sq ft
That's including tax and the vertical areas.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM

That is really nice! The crew I contacted are better priced but not by much (3.00 sq/ft I believe) I guess it may make a difference overall but either way that's an awesome job. I really like your paint job on the walls, looks like you did that after the epoxy. Is that a paint stripe or chair rail molding?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks, it's chair rail. I did do it myself after the floor. The walls were a warm white which clashed with the cool grey floor. The red chair rail makes for a nice transition.

Make sure your guys are grinding down the floor. Mine was brand new and they still took off at least 1/16" of concrete for proper adhesion, rather than just acid etching. And I like the full chip better than the light sprinkle I've had before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: