Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 02:49 PM

90 posts, read 99,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakersDozenSupply View Post
It depends on where you are on the spectrum. You're saying most conservative, so if you're extremely far right to the point that you religiously protect the American flag, have the mentality that guns are a symbol of peace and think marriage is solely based between man and woman, the only place you'll likely find welcoming within the Houston MSA borders would be the Lake Jackson area, some areas closer to Winnie, and some of the northern outskirts of Conroe (but this one is rapidly changing).
I would agree with the first two. I could care less about the marriage one, but I’m super pro gun. I doubt I will be out of place with that one, it is Texas after all.

I’m not religious right. My main values are freedom of speech, pro 2A, pro police, and just generally anti-social justice BS. Keep in mind, I don’t ask people about their politics or start discussions about it. I’m very introverted and I pretty much just keep to myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 11:39 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,443,742 times
Northwest Harris County. Cypress, Texas 77429. Surrounded by other conservative areas, Tomball, Klein, etc, represents the most populous conservative bastions in the Houston metro.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 07-12-2020 at 11:52 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 11:58 PM

4,376 posts, read 4,615,292 times
I live here in The Woodlands for now and the area is annoyingly conservative so this should fit the OP just fine.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:24 AM

833 posts, read 1,884,895 times
Fulshear is pretty conservative and is even ranked one of the safest cities with an excellent police department that is very proactive and involved is a positive way with its residents. Just look up Fulshear police on social media.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:56 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownNearNative View Post
Within City of Houston: Memorial area zip code 77024. Single family homes may be too pricey for most, but townhomes are more affordable.
Suburbs-Kingwood also comes to mind.
City of Jersey Village (has its own police/fire departments, very safe).

77079 closer to the tollway may be good for you. And There may be more churches than gas stations in 77024. They are highly sought after areas with an average cost of 750K in 77079 and 1mn+ in 77024.

If you are very traditional you can also look at Fulshear ( West of Katy) and Waller ( NorthWest), Willis ( North or Woodlands) . They are homes with large lots and are more of a church based communities.

And this is the most important, in Houston noboady cares much for what your affiliation. You can wave your cowboys flag or cavs flag or your confederate flag or Trump/Pence flag without fear of retaliation. But you shouldnt object to the feel the bern or pride or coexist stickers either.

And pretty much there is great support for the American Flag, Texans , Astros and LE's all over Houston. They re very particular about it. You dont have too much of SJW 's here.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:46 PM

90 posts, read 99,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
77079 closer to the tollway may be good for you. And There may be more churches than gas stations in 77024. They are highly sought after areas with an average cost of 750K in 77079 and 1mn+ in 77024.

If you are very traditional you can also look at Fulshear ( West of Katy) and Waller ( NorthWest), Willis ( North or Woodlands) . They are homes with large lots and are more of a church based communities.

And this is the most important, in Houston noboady cares much for what your affiliation. You can wave your cowboys flag or cavs flag or your confederate flag or Trump/Pence flag without fear of retaliation. But you shouldnt object to the feel the bern or pride or coexist stickers either.

And pretty much there is great support for the American Flag, Texans , Astros and LE's all over Houston. They re very particular about it. You dont have too much of SJW 's here.
I agree! As I tried to explain in my original post, I’m a live and let live kinda guy. St. Louis is not like that though; and there’s a real physical threat to wearing a thin blue line shirt, or saying something that goes against the BLM agenda. I just want to live somewhere in peace. I was a little worked up about the current police situation when I wrote this..

Also, as I said.. I’m not religious right. I’m not religious at all. I’m just a guy who wants to live in a peaceful place.

Last edited by JTEMT-B; 07-14-2020 at 12:01 AM..

Old 07-14-2020, 07:01 AM

23,963 posts, read 15,059,733 times
The Republican party in several counties, including Montgomery county, have voted to censure our Republican Governor Abbott for his recent response to the Covid outbreak. They said he ignored the Texas Constitution and should have called an emergency session of the Texas lege.

I have not seen nor heard of anybody complaining about Houston area LEOs. The folks trying to remake the police departments may have some luck in Austin, but will not get anywhere in the Houston area.

There is some friction between Houston police department and the fire department. But both have really strong unions.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:20 AM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,366 times
What about Missouri City? Conservative?

Old 07-14-2020, 07:48 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,474,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
What about Missouri City? Conservative?
Not at all. Its the primary reason Fort Bend County is blue.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:52 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
Fulshear is pretty conservative and is even ranked one of the safest cities with an excellent police department that is very proactive and involved is a positive way with its residents. Just look up Fulshear police on social media.
True - bur that depends on how far the OP wants to be away from Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston