Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM

200 posts, read 900,085 times

Advertisements

A realtor keeps pushing Sienna Plantation to me because she lives there.
Please tell me about this area if it is better than Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond Rosenberg areas.

Also she mentioned Lake Olympia. Please clue me in about this area also.

I am have a hard time figuring this area out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM

960 posts, read 2,750,239 times
They are all the lame suburbs.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:36 PM

8 posts, read 32,375 times
I almost suggested Sienna Plantation to on another question you asked. Sienna Plantation and Lake Olympia are boths good areas. No better or worse than the others, it's all about location and price range. There is not much in Sugar land in the price range you were looking at and those both are nice areas that are close to where you need to be. Katy may be a little to far from where you want to be. The traffic is horrible on I10. Consider how long you are expecting to live in the area. If you think it could be less than 5 years you may want to consider Lake Olympia because you would have less competition to sell your home, smaller area and not competing with the builder. It depends on what your primary needs are.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
Sienna is not as good as Sugar Land. I think they is a lot of hype. However, with the market downturn, you should be able to get a good deal in Sienna. Lots of the builders are offering HUGE incentives, because they are not moving homes.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,597,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
Sienna is not as good as Sugar Land. I think they is a lot of hype. However, with the market downturn, you should be able to get a good deal in Sienna. Lots of the builders are offering HUGE incentives, because they are not moving homes.
Sugarland has much more to offer.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:20 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVH View Post
A realtor keeps pushing Sienna Plantation to me because she lives there.
Please tell me about this area if it is better than Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond Rosenberg areas.

Also she mentioned Lake Olympia. Please clue me in about this area also.

I am have a hard time figuring this area out.
Sienna Plantation is very pretty. There is a lot of traffic there, however; there is basically one artery feeding out to the highways and when I went to check the place out on a weekend, traffic was backed up to get out. On a weekend. Hopefully someone who lives there can tell you if that's always the case.

Personally, I prefer a more organic development rather than one so strictly "master-planned," but it has its advantages, too. I think the area around it is changing and developing a lot too. All the amenities of Sugarland are nearby, and Pearland's shopping, etc. is nearby too.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:47 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
I visited Sienna Plantation the past weekend and it seemed nice to me. It is a bit of a drive to get to the main shopping of Missouri City and Sugar Land, but not too bad. The houses there are newer than in many of the areas of Sugar Land. It looks like an area with a lot of impending development. I would wonder about resale value as lots more new houses are built.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,206 times
What schools are Sienna Plantation residents zoned to? Also, I assumed that was in/near Sugar Land. How far away is it from the Sugar?

Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
I really like the neigbourhood. Probably a good reason, since I bought there.

It's actually in Missouri City not Sugarland, but not really "in" MoCity either.

I'm not sure what more Sugarland has to offer than Sienna, as they are effectively the same. The only difference being that you can get on the tollway easier from Sienna, and all of the amenities of Sugarland's shopping are less than 10 miles away, but really unaffected by the really miserable traffic up on 6.

Sienna has two elementary schools in the area, they are opening a third for the fall and the Middle School is under construction.

I'm not sure what middle schools we go to now, but the highschools are Elkins and Hightower, depending on what side of the community you live on.

The second entrance opens in about a month, and there's a few back ways in. All empty out onto 6, but there's more than just Sienna Parkway.

Great amenities, lots of natural trees, fantastic waterpark and golf course. It's about six miles to the heart of all the shopping on 6. 10 miles to 59 and the Fort Bend Toll Road terminates 1/4 mile from the entrance to the community. Great access, IMHO.

I really like the feel and the people have been great.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:08 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
Sienna Plantation is served by two high schools within Fort Bend ISD:
Elkins High School and Hightower High School.
Students living west of Sienna Parkway attend Elkins.
Students living east of Sienna Parkway attend Hightower.

Elkins is about average, Hightower...avoid like a rash on a rash. However I think in the next few years Sienna will get their own HS.

Hightower High School-
Elkins High School -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston