Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 03:56 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,789,810 times

Advertisements

My wife and I considered Spring Valley Village when we bought our first home in Houston in 2013 and our second one in 2016, but both times the value and convenience of the Energy Corridor won out (we both work in the EC). With our oldest son starting school next year, we're taking another look at the area for the quality of schools, proximity to inner-loop amenities, and responsive city government and police dept.

We're also taking a hard look at the western end of 77024 for the first time (mainly Memorial Bend and Frostwood/Fonn Villas area). My impression is that the schools are better-regarded in the western end of 77024 (compared with 77055), but I'm not impressed by the housing options - it seems like your choice is either a 1960s cookie-cutter tract home or expensive new construction, with not much in the middle. By comparison, Spring Valley Village has plenty of 1980s/1990s homes that fit our budget and aren't too far off the quality of new construction. I'm also mindful that Memorial Bend was hit hard by Harvey flooding and Frostwood/Fonn Villas experienced some flooding in 2015/2016 (Spring Valley Village sits near the boundary of the Buffalo Bayou and White Oak Bayou watersheds and historically has not experienced major flooding issues).

Any thoughts on the current state of Spring Valley Village? Any threats to future desirability/resale, relative to 77024 or west Houston as a whole? Any issues with Valley Oaks (overcrowding due to all of the new townhome construction along Long Point Rd)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston