Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 11:27 PM

9,891 posts, read 6,589,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Same thing with the H-E-B bandwagon--but that's another thread! Why does Texas always end up with these cults? How does a company's marketing department cultivate and feed the cultish behavior?
Filipinos with Jollibee and red ribbon
Californians wirh In & Out

These cults happen many places. But to say Buc Ees won’t succeed nationwide because other states don’t have the same cult is stupid. If that’s the case In N Out wouldn’t have worked hwrw or any state they xpand to. All of the businesses that have a loyal home following will always have that to their advantage but not succeeding elsewhere... please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 10:23 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post

These cults happen many places. But to say Buc Ees won’t succeed nationwide because other states don’t have the same cult is stupid. If that’s the case In N Out wouldn’t have worked hwrw or any state they xpand to. All of the businesses that have a loyal home following will always have that to their advantage but not succeeding elsewhere... please.
I have issues with Bucee's and don't patronize them, but I do give them credit for recognizing that women travelers felt that there was a lack of clean comfortable restrooms in between major cities. They capitalized on it in a big way. So while the "cult" aspect is all the result of marketing, they did start with a very real void in the marketplace.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:03 PM

180 posts, read 128,509 times
Quote:
Buc-ee’s isn’t even an oil company. Buying gasoline to serve at its stores have nothing to do with that. In fact, low gas prices woul only attract more people to its stores. That’s why we were trolling back at the comment.

Speaking of Buc ee’s, they’re opening a location in Georgia next week. Good luck on their nation wide expansion.
Yes! Finally. My family and I are heading to Warner-Robbins, GA this weekend. Who needs to shop on Black Friday when you can eat Buc’ees!

Old 11-24-2020, 12:09 PM

180 posts, read 128,509 times
Quote:

Yeah. In New York, the “cult” is Wegman’s, which is a large regional, privately-owned Grocery store chain. Basically it is the HEB of the Northeast, and I will be honest, it’s awesome!

The advantage it has over HEB is that it has expanded beyond its western NY roots down the east coast. They just opened one in NC and rumor is they are coming to GA. Fingers crossed on that.

HEB limits itself due to the fact that it is almost exclusively Texas. But hey, they make plenty of money, so I assume someone high up at the company must have analyzed the numbers and determined that it is not financially prudent to expand out of TX at the moment.

Trust if they opened an HEB in the Atlanta metro my family will be first in line, eating our Buc’ees breakfast burritos!

Old 11-24-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoogHawk View Post

Trust if they opened an HEB in the Atlanta metro my family will be first in line, eating our Buc’ees breakfast burritos!
I guess you meant if they opened a Buc ee’s. The second GA location is in Calhoun so that’s a little closer!

What I wonder if the company will ever start doing is the smaller locations like thwy do in some of the suburbs here like Cypress and Pearland

Old 11-24-2020, 01:47 PM

XTRA Airways is reportedly hiring. Originally planned to have lifted by now, Covid destroyed the aviation industry. But they're starting to resume plans

Old 11-24-2020, 03:23 PM

Edit: wrong thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:00 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:

We FINALLY got a Jollibee location in DFW....I'm so happy!!!

Old 11-25-2020, 10:38 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Had to post this.
https://youtu.be/AH-asCzo8kw

Old 11-26-2020, 10:01 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,524,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I have issues with Bucee's and don't patronize them, but I do give them credit for recognizing that women travelers felt that there was a lack of clean comfortable restrooms in between major cities. They capitalized on it in a big way. So while the "cult" aspect is all the result of marketing, they did start with a very real void in the marketplace.
Quote:

Hmm...what this has to do with Biden and his energy policy?

The only connection I see if his policy shuts down operations in Texas, a lot of people become broke and won't have chance even to stop at Bucee's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston