Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,140 times

Advertisements

Lonesome Armadillo on Hwy 6 near Westheimer. Good concerts and bands, cold beer and pretty girls.

The Swinging Door on 359. This place is still open.

Stetson Hall (the old place in Richmond Tx) on a dirt road between Hwy 6 and 359 just down from The Swinging Door. It was like stepping back in time. After dinner was served and done they moved the tables for a dance floor and set up the band. The bands would play a country song then a slow song then a rock song in succession all night. They eventually remodeled the place with neon lights and a disc jockey and disco and rock. Didn't like it after that.

Papa Blakeleys way out Westheimer. Before it was a softball complex. Beer was iced in galvanized tubs. Good music and pretty girls.

Lovejoys in Woodlake Square. Saw Christopher Cross there and others.

Uncle Sams

Winchester Club

Golden Nugget

Fools Gold

Jacks just off the Southwest Freeway and Hillcroft. Used to have 3 for Happy Hour.

Rolando's Burger Factory had a small bar and it was fun. Dated a couple bartenders from in there.

Smugglers Inn on the Southwest Freeway had a good bar.

Bull Whip on the Southwest Freeway.

The Old San Fransisco Steakhouse. My girlfriend worked there and would be on the swing. Remember the swinging girls?

Visited lots of bars on Richmond Avenue strip of clubs. Saw it evolve over the years. Same as Westheimer constantly growing and changing.

There were many other places I visited on the west side but that is all I can remember right now. Lots of fun back then.

What was the name of the club maybe on Hillcroft where the Houston Oilers would hang out? I think they had a lot of Houston Oilers memorabilia and my girlfriend worked there. I dated a couple girls that worked there. I have been trying to think of its name for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 04:52 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
You might consider the HAIF's Historic Houston forum. They're infinitely more history-based than here (though this forum is great in more modern ways). Your question is exactly the kind of thing they love to discuss, and maybe have already discussed. https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/...toric-houston/

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-10-2020 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-10-2020, 06:27 PM

219 posts, read 226,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Blue Crab View Post
Lonesome Armadillo on Hwy 6 near Westheimer. Good concerts and bands, cold beer and pretty girls.

The Swinging Door on 359. This place is still open.

Stetson Hall (the old place in Richmond Tx) on a dirt road between Hwy 6 and 359 just down from The Swinging Door. It was like stepping back in time. After dinner was served and done they moved the tables for a dance floor and set up the band. The bands would play a country song then a slow song then a rock song in succession all night. They eventually remodeled the place with neon lights and a disc jockey and disco and rock. Didn't like it after that.

Papa Blakeleys way out Westheimer. Before it was a softball complex. Beer was iced in galvanized tubs. Good music and pretty girls.

Lovejoys in Woodlake Square. Saw Christopher Cross there and others.

Uncle Sams

Winchester Club

Golden Nugget

Fools Gold

Jacks just off the Southwest Freeway and Hillcroft. Used to have 3 for Happy Hour.

Rolando's Burger Factory had a small bar and it was fun. Dated a couple bartenders from in there.

Smugglers Inn on the Southwest Freeway had a good bar.

Bull Whip on the Southwest Freeway.

The Old San Fransisco Steakhouse. My girlfriend worked there and would be on the swing. Remember the swinging girls?

Visited lots of bars on Richmond Avenue strip of clubs. Saw it evolve over the years. Same as Westheimer constantly growing and changing.

There were many other places I visited on the west side but that is all I can remember right now. Lots of fun back then.

What was the name of the club maybe on Hillcroft where the Houston Oilers would hang out? I think they had a lot of Houston Oilers memorabilia and my girlfriend worked there. I dated a couple girls that worked there. I have been trying to think of its name for years.
Pretty sure this is where Stetson Hall was.

https://goo.gl/maps/3mwc7VPaYHyNL1cEA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston