Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM

11 posts, read 37,649 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Just got job in a high school, and we are planning to buy a house near to that location(zip code 77013)

I searched for new houses for that zip code but could not come up with any , then I found summerwood locality.

I have been to summerwood and kind of like it with elementary scholl being so close and other stuff.
But I was wondering if there are any other communities or areas which are near to that zip code and have new homes in the range of 225-300K

Basically we want to avoid any long commute from the workplace to the new home

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 04:39 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,558,440 times
If you like Summerwood, you should also check out Fall Creek, Lake Shore and Water's Edge. They are all close to each other and have a lot to offer. Fall Creek is the closest to downtown and Water's Edge is the furthest of these. Check them out online. If you have any questions, let me know. I live in Fall Creek but I am familiar with all of these.
Good luck in your home search. ~K~

Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 PM

960 posts, read 2,751,026 times
For teachers, it might be a relief to live outside of the school zone.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 AM

93 posts, read 418,182 times
Check out Fall Creek and Eagle Springs, they are both close and great communities.

-Mark

Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 AM

11 posts, read 37,649 times
Thank you so much for the suggestions.
I did go online to check the communities like lakeshore and fall creek and was really impressed with them. But just to get and idea to see how far they are from my school, i searched for available inventory and found them to be a bit far from the school.
Also not sure how far are the elementary school from these communities as I have a school going kid and need a day care for my younger one too?

Last week I had loooked at the summerwood locality, and maybe this week will drive around the others to get a feel of it.

Is the waters edge exclusively Pulte home as i did some research but only came up with their name and no other builders.
Any pros/cons of summerwood or Falls creek/lakeshore/waters edge.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM

20 posts, read 80,349 times
I'm looking in lakeshore, and they will have their own day care and elementary. You might want to ask when they will be finished building them. You can walk to both from the inventory homes I looked at.
Lakeshore on the lake side has homes built by perry and convington and a few others.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,558,440 times
Fall Creek has it's own elementary school opening in August. Summerwood also has it's own elementary and this is where the Fall Creek kids currently attend. The new Summerwood/Fall Creek HS will open in 09. I think they are calling it Summer Creek HS.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 PM

36 posts, read 175,295 times
Pros and cons:
Summerwood is a wonderful community! You can find lots of resale homes on greenbelt lots (although these sell quickly), quiet streets, near parks, etc. It is close to the highway, yet you cannot hear the traffic.
Eagle Springs is near a landfill. Beware of windy days...it can get smelly. Otherwise than that issue, I hear great things about that community.
Lakeshore is a planned community but it is not a master planned community like Summerwood and Eagle Springs. In Summerwood, for example, you can walk to your dentist, to get your hair cut, or to the vet. Is is so great, especially with the cost of fuel these days!
Happy house hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston