Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I used to and Katy looks like Sugar Land. The master-planned communities is what southern Katy is. There is Cinco Ranch, next to that is Kelliwood, Green Trials, Nottingham, Grand Lakes, and then Seven Meadows. No different than First Colony, Greatwood, or Lake Olympia.
Sugar Land has changed a lot in just the last 1-2 years.

First Colony is huge compared to those other communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 05:30 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,444 times
I was just there (Sugar Land/Mo City) for Thanksgiving. We ate at my godfather's house in Sienna Plantation. Katy I.S.D. has 190,000 residents living within it, all of them use a Katy address. Most of the people live in southern Katy (you can easily tell by how large the schools are done there, and there are more schools south of the freeway). Have you seen the Grand? It is a new mall being developed by the same people who built the Galleria. I am telling you, Katy can compare with Sugar Land, easily. The Energy Corridor was booming even before I left.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:55 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I was just there (Sugar Land/Mo City) for Thanksgiving. We ate at my godfather's house in Sienna Plantation. Katy I.S.D. has 190,000 residents living within it, all of them use a Katy address. Most of the people live in southern Katy (you can easily tell by how large the schools are done there, and there are more schools south of the freeway). Have you seen the Grand? It is a new mall being developed by the same people who built the Galleria. I am telling you, Katy can compare with Sugar Land, easily. The Energy Corridor was booming even before I left.
Um, okay, whatever you say. I just happen to live in Sugar Land, go through Katy a lot, commute into Houston for work... so what do I know about the areas compared to a high-school student in Arlington?

Just remember Katy's population is about 13,000, while Sugar Land's is 75,000... which doesn't include the almost as large next door neighbor Missouri City. They don't compare as easily as you think.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Just to let you know, Katy's city limit population is 13,000, but everyone under the Katy mailing address, the population goes up to 190,000. Katy's large next door neighbor is the West Houston in its Energy Corridor. You guys in Sugar Land are just a ways south of the Katy area.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:16 PM

41 posts, read 260,715 times
Local residents, what are your opinions for:

Chelsea Harbor vs. Cinco ranch vs. Seven Meadow?

We are looking into these MPC's for a home of up to $350k; any other great MPC's you recommend? Seems to me that Sugarland home prices are higher with less new homes to choose from compared to Katy (specifically Cinco ranch).

Thx & Happy New Year! Hope we will be Texans soon in 2007!

Old 12-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Chelsea Harbor is real close to that prison and looks isolated. I would go with Seven Meadows. Seven Lakes High School is a top-notch school. Cinco Ranch is good also, and there are actually parts of Cinco Ranch that are right next to Seven Meadows. It depends on what part of Cinco Ranch you will be buying from.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:52 AM

41 posts, read 260,715 times
Thank for the info. If Chelsea Harbor is not the best one could find, what MPC would you recommend in Sugar Land?

How about the Cy-Fair area, any pros & cons on housing/commute/jobs, and any highly sought out MPC's in that area?

Old 12-31-2006, 02:06 PM

If you would travel Highway 290 from the Cy-Fair area, you are in for the worst traffic jams in the Houston area.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:48 PM

41 posts, read 249,519 times
just remember your hoa due go up every year. The traffic get worse month by month. I left Housotn after living there for five year. had a House in Cypress. You are going to drive and drive. They will tell you about the hoa dues will go down when more people move in but it goes up my hoa started at 350 and it now up too 655. watch out also for the water they are called mud district. stay off 290 don't live in katy either better yet stay out of Houston go to Colorado

Old 01-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsnyder View Post
just remember your hoa due go up every year. The traffic get worse month by month. I left Housotn after living there for five year. had a House in Cypress. You are going to drive and drive. They will tell you about the hoa dues will go down when more people move in but it goes up my hoa started at 350 and it now up too 655. watch out also for the water they are called mud district. stay off 290 don't live in katy either better yet stay out of Houston go to Colorado
Depends on where you live for the HOA. I think you just didn't like Houston, but you picked a far out place to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston