Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 03:26 PM

10,033 posts, read 6,737,657 times

Advertisements

EaDo has been beautifying a lot the last few years. They’ve also recently opened a few nice clubs right there in St Emmanuel. It would be nice to see the traffic there continue to grow it has a lot of potential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
Interesting, what street(s) in Midtown? My buddy and I checked out Downtown and Washington Ave Sat night (even though I’m generally not a nightlife guy) but I didn’t find either to be particularly impressive or bustling.
The area around Electric FeelGood on Bagby St gets packed on weekends. I wouldn’t go there if you’re not a nightlife guy though because that area has an intense club setting

Old 04-04-2022, 09:22 PM

5,647 posts, read 4,999,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
EaDo has been beautifying a lot the last few years. They’ve also recently opened a few nice clubs right there in St Emmanuel. It would be nice to see the traffic there continue to grow it has a lot of potential
I believe that will all be demo'd from the I-45 redo. Certainly everything on the west side of St. Emmanuel will go away. Hopefully the scene can migrate to other spots in EaDo.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:33 PM

4,398 posts, read 4,660,387 times
Quote:
Interesting, what street(s) in Midtown? My buddy and I checked out Downtown and Washington Ave Sat night (even though I’m generally not a nightlife guy) but I didn’t find either to be particularly impressive or bustling.
Bagby st. in Midtown. But it was solely the nightlife crowd.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:03 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,694,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I have been in Houston area for 22 years,I may have seen one beautiful woman and I am not that picky,
go to Dallas or Hollywood if you want to see beautiful women
What?

Old 04-07-2022, 02:16 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,460,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I have been in Houston area for 22 years,I may have seen one beautiful woman and I am not that picky,
go to Dallas or Hollywood if you want to see beautiful women
LOL, sounds like your definition of a "beautiful" woman is some super skinny plastic blonde bimbo.
Yeah, definitely head out to LA for that.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:21 PM

Anyway… To OP’s question about Midtown, the area around Electric FeelGood and Dogwood on Bagby St is the busiest portion around there. But as has been mentioned, no point on going if you’re not a nightlife guy because that’s all there is there. In the northern portion of Bagby St you have some black clubs as well. Harden’s restaurant “basement lounge” is right around up there. I mention this in response to your preference mentioned earlier

Old 04-07-2022, 05:01 PM

3,209 posts, read 2,095,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
I believe that will all be demo'd from the I-45 redo. Certainly everything on the west side of St. Emmanuel will go away. Hopefully the scene can migrate to other spots in EaDo.
That's true, I was talking to the folks at True Anomaly the other day (St. Emanuel and Dallas) and they said if the I-45 redo goes through they'll have to relocate. They said they were going to try to find another spot nearby but its all up in the air right now.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:43 PM

398 posts, read 385,225 times
OK, my friend and I went to the heart of Bagby in Midtown. The foot traffic was pretty underwhelming. That being said, Dogwood and Woodrow’s were pretty packed. They had good vibes but not great gender ratios and there weren’t many great looking women. They weren’t bad looking, just not stunning.

We then went to West 19th Street in Houston Heights. We didn’t actually leave our car because there was no foot traffic (I prefer the streets to venues) but there were a ton of cars parked at one of the venues (not sure which one).

We then went to Washington Ave. This neighborhood clearly has the best looking women, at least going off the two nights I have done nightgame. There aren’t only good looking women in the venues but they’re also walking around and waiting in the lines.

I even approached a 6 set (6 women) and they were laughing hysterically the entire time. I felt like a celebrity. It was very bizarre but a beautiful experience lol. I got the number of the hottest babe in the group. It was fun. She flew back to Providence, though, this morning, but I will surely keep in touch.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
OK, my friend and I went to the heart of Bagby in Midtown. The foot traffic was pretty underwhelming. That being said, Dogwood and Woodrow’s were pretty packed. They had good vibes but not great gender ratios and there weren’t many great looking women. They weren’t bad looking, just not stunning.

We then went to West 19th Street in Houston Heights. We didn’t actually leave our car because there was no foot traffic (I prefer the streets to venues) but there were a ton of cars parked at one of the venues (not sure which one).

We then went to Washington Ave. This neighborhood clearly has the best looking women, at least going off the two nights I have done nightgame. There aren’t only good looking women in the venues but they’re also walking around and waiting in the lines.

I even approached a 6 set (6 women) and they were laughing hysterically the entire time. I felt like a celebrity. It was very bizarre but a beautiful experience lol. I got the number of the hottest babe in the group. It was fun. She flew back to Providence, though, this morning, but I will surely keep in touch.
I actually agree with Washington Ave having higher women ratio. But Midtown on a good night is a much better time than Washington Ave on its best night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston