Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 05:40 PM

398 posts, read 383,479 times

Advertisements

Para, good to hear, mah man. I will give Midtown another chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 07:43 AM

9,933 posts, read 6,651,497 times
Copied this from the Woodlands post, but adding it here since the topic is relevant here

Gucci and Breitling are joining Chanel and Louis Vuitton in Woodlands Market St. this solidifies the woodlands as the #2 Houston area shopping district both for high end end and middle class shopping after Uptown/River Oaks.

Also in the Woodlands, Nike is opening the Houston area’s first stand alone store.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/...d-sixty-vines/

Old 04-16-2022, 10:28 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with the Galleria. It’s essentially half high end/half ghetto. The mall attracts a really strange clientele. You’ll even see a lot of these goobers/degenerates (I’ve seen a few guys with face tattoos…pretty frightening stuff and I didn’t even see that in 3 years of living in Chicago) in stores like Sak’s and Macy’s and Nieman Mitchell.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:00 AM

Jesus Christ. 2nd shooting in the last couple weeks at the Galleria. These goons are really ruining it for everyone:

https://abc13.com/amp/galleria-shoot...near/11757061/

Old 04-17-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with the Galleria. It’s essentially half high end/half ghetto. The mall attracts a really strange clientele. You’ll even see a lot of these goobers/degenerates (I’ve seen a few guys with face tattoos…pretty frightening stuff and I didn’t even see that in 3 years of living in Chicago) in stores like Sak’s and Macy’s and Nieman Mitchell.
Quote:
Jesus Christ. 2nd shooting in the last couple weeks at the Galleria. These goons are really ruining it for everyone:

https://abc13.com/amp/galleria-shoot...near/11757061/
That’s why the lump the entire luxury wing all on one floor. Which in my opinion is the only reason worth visiting the Galleria. If I want footlocker or something I would definitely not go to the Galleria.

I’m sure River Oaks District and Woodlands Town Center benefit from only attracting affluence

Old 04-17-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
That’s why the lump the entire luxury wing all on one floor. Which in my opinion is the only reason worth visiting the Galleria. If I want footlocker or something I would definitely not go to the Galleria.

I’m sure River Oaks District and Woodlands Town Center benefit from only attracting affluence
I hear ya but the problem is you’ll see the degenerates sometimes go into the luxury stores, too.

I’ve only been to ROD and the Woodlands once but there were hardly any attractive single women there.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I hear ya but the problem is you’ll see the degenerates sometimes go into the luxury stores, too.

I’ve only been to ROD and the Woodlands once but there were hardly any attractive single women there.
I wouldn't lump shopping places as places to meet single women but that's just me.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:26 PM

5,634 posts, read 4,962,115 times
Quote:

Stores open in shopping centers to sell stuff. They could care less if they are effective pickup joints. In fact, they might not want to because women with $ might stay away from such places because they feel uncomfortable. Being seen by other women buying high-$ stuff is probably way more important to such shoppers than being ogled by guys.

Old 04-17-2022, 06:26 PM

15,528 posts, read 7,559,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Stores open in shopping centers to sell stuff. They could care less if they are effective pickup joints. In fact, they might not want to because women with $ might stay away from such places because they feel uncomfortable. Being seen by other women buying high-$ stuff is probably way more important to such shoppers than being ogled by guys.
My wife says the fastest way to be rejected is to hit on a woman out shopping with her friends. And it will be a vicious rejection, because women love to do that.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I wouldn't lump shopping places as places to meet single women but that's just me.
I hear ya. I’m weird like that since I don’t drink alcohol and have never enjoyed bars or clubs, so I’ve kind of carved out a niche meeting women (politely, no cat-calling) during the daytime. Normally I would meet women on the sidewalks, which is what I did in Chicago and NYC, but there’s hardly any foot traffic in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston