Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 12:37 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times

Advertisements

Speaking of parks, our park lineup is nice and improving. What’s everyone favorite?

I enjoy Buffalo Bayou Park the most. It’s a great setting in the middle of the city. It’s also a good East-Wesr trail connecting downtown to Uptown. And I also like how it’s consistently improving. Herman Park obviously has more features and though Herman is also improving as well, it’s basically morphed into what it is while Buffalo Bayou continues to evolve itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 02:10 PM

225 posts, read 136,035 times
Terry Hershey park for bike riding.

Levy Park for the kids.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:10 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Memorial. Im an avid runner so that is where I like to go.

I like Terry Hershey too but there are so many bikers there that it can get crowded.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:09 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Memorial Park.

I mostly stick to the mt bike trails way off in the woods, but the park, overall, is one of my faves.

I am saddened at the destruction needed to create this strange land bridge and hope the greenery grows back over it quickly and parking returns to normal.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:25 PM

15,440 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Memorial Park.

I mostly stick to the mt bike trails way off in the woods, but the park, overall, is one of my faves.

I am saddened at the destruction needed to create this strange land bridge and hope the greenery grows back over it quickly and parking returns to normal.
The land bridge eliminates a barrier to wildlife movement, and should make things far better overall.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:51 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The land bridge eliminates a barrier to wildlife movement, and should make things far better overall.

They destroyed lots of "wildlife" to make it. Tore down huge old growth trees....all so a few armadillos and possums won't get squished on Memorial Drive.

...hope it was worth it.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:25 PM

15,440 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
They destroyed lots of "wildlife" to make it. Tore down huge old growth trees....all so a few armadillos and possums won't get squished on Memorial Drive.

...hope it was worth it.
There were no old growth trees there. And, it will be a better park when all of the work is done.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:05 PM

332 posts, read 261,354 times
Eastern Glades in Memorial Park is world class.

But I think my favorite overall is Brock Park in NE Houston. What used to be a city golf course has been renovated and reconverted into a beautiful and massive multi-use park that seemingly nobody knows about. A hidden gem.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:02 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,626,910 times
Buffalo Bayou is my favorite park to bike.

Hermann park is my favorite park to chill, hang out and take pictures.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:13 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,028,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrawndagger View Post
Eastern Glades in Memorial Park is world class.

But I think my favorite overall is Brock Park in NE Houston. What used to be a city golf course has been renovated and reconverted into a beautiful and massive multi-use park that seemingly nobody knows about. A hidden gem.
I had not realized Brock was converted from a golf course to a city park! I have some good (and bad) memories golfing there! I think I almost broke my wrist once trying to hit the ball off that "hard as concrete" dirt! And I can remember dogs barking at us while we tried to hit our approach shots to the green! It's next to a neighborhood, right? Fun times! LOL We eventually "graduated" to Hermann Park Golf Course, Memorial, Gus Wortham, and Glenbrook before venturing off to the more expensive public courses...

alas I don't play much anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: