Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 01:45 PM

1,903 posts, read 3,200,780 times

Advertisements

I'm having serious issues with the post office in Sugar Land (77479).

For the past several months the local USPS Grants Lake Post Office in Sugar Land and/or its assigned mail carrier(s) have been dropping the ball. Multiple times mail that was supposed to be delivered did not arrive. This is especially true regarding packages thar say "delivered to mailbox". 4 times in the past 3 months, packages did not arrive that said arrived in the tracking system. They were not expensive or particularly valuable items, but still don't trust them. Also we have gotten several pieces of mail from neighbors addressed to us that they delivered to the wrong address.

This is extremely stressful with tax season coming up. I also need to renew my passport which forces you to use the post office. I don’t trust them to do their job anymore.

The amount of stress from my post office not doing their job right is causing serious stress.

I do not know what to do. I don't want to "**** them off" since they handle sensitive personal information, but they are not doing their job right. I truly dont know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 02:28 PM

22,831 posts, read 18,112,983 times
For very important mail, send it by one of the available trackable delivery options: return receipt, registered, certified. It does mean going to the PO in person to do so but the bother may pay off if the item matters.

FWIW, you shouldn't need to use the post office for anything tax-related. It is possible to get everything you need electronically, you can complete all the schedules and forms you need electronically and submit them to state or IRS electronically. As for getting a passport, check to see if there are any local alternatives to the actual PO. There may be USPO contractor locations that can process applications and take receipt of the finalized passport for you. Go to their location in person to pick it up instead of having it mailed.

Old 01-11-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
For very important mail, send it by one of the available trackable delivery options: return receipt, registered, certified. It does mean going to the PO in person to do so but the bother may pay off if the item matters.

FWIW, you shouldn't need to use the post office for anything tax-related. It is possible to get everything you need electronically, you can complete all the schedules and forms you need electronically and submit them to state or IRS electronically. As for getting a passport, check to see if there are any local alternatives to the actual PO. There may be USPO contractor locations that can process applications and take receipt of the finalized passport for you. Go to their location in person to pick it up instead of having it mailed.
Thanks. Regarding tax I can get everything electronic next year but missed the cutoff from my company to get my W2 electronic this year. That is the one particular item I'm most concerned about.

Regarding passport, this is renew so cannot apply in person. I will take everything to the physical post office and itself, so I reasonably trust it to get to there. What I am concerned about is it coming back to me. Also the previous passport that the government sends back has to go through regular USPS snail mail, not express mail.

I had a friend who lived in Willowbrook Mall area have this happen in 2021 with a driver's license renewal (which Texas FORCES you to receive via US Mail vs. other modern states which print the darn card onsite) . Either the mail carrier stole it or negligently delivered it to the wrong address. In any case, the person who received it decided to steal his identify and successfully bought a $70K Dodge Challenger in his name. He went through 6 months of hell and unsympathetic police officers and car dealership before clearing his name. The stress from the whole ordeal cost him a long term romantic relationship - an honest hardworking individual totally screwed because the mail carrier didn't do his or her job.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:10 PM

196 posts, read 417,249 times
Unfortunately There's no accountability all the way to the top at the post office. Look at the Ashford West PO reviews. It's full of missing/stolen complaints. It happened to me. The package was tracked to the Ashford West location, then poof, disappears never to be found. A congresswoman called for investigating 3 PO locations in the Houston area, Ashford West being one of them. It's sad because the government could do something about it, but there's simply no punishment and accountability. It's nothing new as well, it's been going on for a long time. It's crazy this type of crime is tolerated here.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Further View Post
Unfortunately There's no accountability all the way to the top at the post office. Look at the Ashford West PO reviews. It's full of missing/stolen complaints. It happened to me. The package was tracked to the Ashford West location, then poof, disappears never to be found. A congresswoman called for investigating 3 PO locations in the Houston area, Ashford West being one of them. It's sad because the government could do something about it, but there's simply no punishment and accountability. It's nothing new as well, it's been going on for a long time. It's crazy this type of crime is tolerated here.
This is causing me medical level stress. We work SO HARD - this is NOT FAIR!!!

They should be held accountable, fired and criminally prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anyone of us with normal jobs that does that would be fired instantly.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:35 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,315,533 times
I am in 77407 ,served by Richmond post office,we have the same problem .
you can file complaint online or call 1-800 customer service number and they will forward your complaint to the local post office.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:42 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,559 posts, read 57,481,475 times
Many problems with my Texas PO (Shipping and delivery), but none with those on the receiving end, or my WA, OR, CO, NM locations (All rural delivery, most with significant snow / weather challenges (no often the case in Texas).

Stuff between NM and TX seems to make it and in a timely manner, but identical shipments from WA get to GA, AL, TN, MN, WI, IL long before they arrive in Texas (if at all).

Are you shipping M&M's ? They must get sniffed out, as they seldom arrive at destination (USA or internationally).

Old 01-11-2022, 05:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,044,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Thanks. Regarding tax I can get everything electronic next year but missed the cutoff from my company to get my W2 electronic this year. That is the one particular item I'm most concerned about.

You can get transcripts directly from the IRS.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Old 01-12-2022, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You can get transcripts directly from the IRS.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
Thanks. Not worried about that. Worried about information from the W2 falling into hands of someone that is "not a good person" if the post office doesn't do their job of simply delivering mail to the correct address.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:29 AM

305 posts, read 254,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
This is causing me medical level stress. We work SO HARD - this is NOT FAIR!!!

They should be held accountable, fired and criminally prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anyone of us with normal jobs that does that would be fired instantly.
Wait - the Post Office is causing you medical leave stress? That's a new one I haven't heard of before. Has a doctor confirmed your diagnosis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston