Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 02:33 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times

Advertisements

Hi - Haven't been in Hobby in several years. Flying out next week mid-afternoon (meaning, not rush hour)
and returning same.

A friend is dropping me off so I don't have to deal with parking hassle. Just wondering if there's anything new to know about getting thru security, or anything else "new". Flying Southwest nonstop to Florida.

How much time realistically do I need to be there in advance of the flight? Don't want to twirl my thumbs for 2 hours, in other words, if I don't have to.

Thanks!

(Plan to drive from Beltway South to Telephone.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:23 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,236,484 times
As someone who flies a lot, Hobby is one of the easiest airports around. I love it.

Security is close to the main entrance, it typically takes 5-10 minutes. If you have TSA, even less. If you have Clear, it's less than a minute.

Gates aren't very far, nothing like Bush or most other major airports around the country. Assuming normal mobility, you can be at any gate within 5-10 minutes.

Luggage? Carry-on is easy of course, otherwise allow an extra 5-10 to check it.

Boarding pass? Make sure to either print it at home, or use the SWAir app and have it on your phone.

Even parking isn't bad, but since you're being dropped off, not an issue.

Bottom line: If you arrive one hour early, under normal conditions, you will have no problem.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 02-17-2022, 08:53 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
As someone who flies a lot, Hobby is one of the easiest airports around. I love it.

Security is close to the main entrance, it typically takes 5-10 minutes. If you have TSA, even less. If you have Clear, it's less than a minute.

Gates aren't very far, nothing like Bush or most other major airports around the country. Assuming normal mobility, you can be at any gate within 5-10 minutes.

Luggage? Carry-on is easy of course, otherwise allow an extra 5-10 to check it.

Boarding pass? Make sure to either print it at home, or use the SWAir app and have it on your phone.

Even parking isn't bad, but since you're being dropped off, not an issue.

Bottom line: If you arrive one hour early, under normal conditions, you will have no problem.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks! C-D says I can't rep you again.

Of course I am already fretting that it is supposed to rain. But it also occurred to me it is a federal holiday, so I'm thinking that will make traffic lighter. There's only one flight a day on this route so don't wanna miss it!

Old 02-17-2022, 09:04 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,063,476 times
With Pappadeaux and Pappasito’s at Hobby, you might find arriving early a very fast experience. Just sayin’…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston