U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,230 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to this area soon and need a short term or flexible lease arrangement, preferably in a house rather than apartment. Any ideas about where or how to find one of these?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM

799 posts, read 3,532,165 times
Have an agent look for one for you . Short terms are a little harder to find and sometimes cost more for the priveledge of short term. If you would like me to run a search for you, that is my area, private message me.
You have to have stable credit or be willing to put an extra security deposit up front if you have bad credit. As far as apartments, you can probably go to an apartment relocater or call them indivisually. If you need some names of local apts. , I can get those for you.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 PM

you may also find some private renters on craigslist.com, sometimes you can get a good deal.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM

637 posts, read 3,113,410 times
My experience with Craigs list is it's a joke, lots of scammers taking advantage of ignorance, drudge's, derelicts etc... Best to find a good Re agent that deals with leases a lot as they will know the inventory available to you, be wary though most of them do not even know how to properly write up a lease so ask how many lease transactions they have done in the last year, if they havent done at least 10 ask them who does the leases in their office ...

Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 PM

That is not true, there is no one who will 'specialize' in leases, there is no money in it, we make money buying and selling, not leasing. It is minimal at best and alot of time not worth the trouble. It is a courtesy. Leases are 14 page contracts and we fill in the blanks with what is compliant with the listing such as a pet deposit, length of term, security deposit, etc. It is actually simple so I don't know what you mean by agents not being able to fill it out properly. I am always suprised when I read on here that you should call a "top" agent to write a lease, that will never happen. You should find an agent you like who is honest with you and does the best they can for you. The paperwork is easy, it is usually a clients credit that makes it difficult.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:18 PM

an agent who has done 10 leases plus in a year is not selling houses and will not have the gas money to drive all over unless they are very high leases.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 PM

410 posts, read 1,611,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
an agent who has done 10 leases plus in a year is not selling houses and will not have the gas money to drive all over unless they are very high leases.

...lol....SkyeAnjel...you rock! Don't know where people get these "silly" ideas from...Sunny

Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 AM

637 posts, read 3,113,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post

LOL, This just shows how "unaware" both of you are of your own craft... I happen to know of many Re agents who are HAR "top producers" who rent over a dozen homes a year and also make 300K GCI selling... And yes most of the Re agents "practicing" do not know how to properly write up a lease, you may not be one of them but there are many who don't.. I am very aware of how the leasing process works, the contract and what the comm splits are. Now that the sales of homes are down there are more Re agents trying to do leases and it usually is a nightmare to deal with as they do not have a clue on how to properly write one up.. To say that you are driving people all around wasting your gas only to find out that your clients have no credit to rent just solidifies what I'm talking about.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM

58 posts, read 254,273 times
I rented at Lake Wyndemere in The Woodlands (Sawdust Road). It was a 3 month lease and had to pay extra for short term. They are very nice and the location was great. Good Luck. By the way I found them using Ceci Merrill Locators 281-777-5475 Office

Old 05-21-2008, 03:25 PM

Now that the sales of homes are down there are more Re agents trying to do leases

Actually the homes are selling very well here. I don't know of any agents "top producers" who are out chasing leases. Perhaps you could help the OP by referring one of your many top producing agent friends unless of course, you are a secret agent man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>