Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 11:12 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,919,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Umm...Trump did not "make" gas 2 bucks a gallon....the lack of demand due to Covid lock downs did.

Remember....the president does not affect the price of gasoline...as Biden's cheerleaders reminded us all 24-7 these last few months. LOL
Ummm... yeah I agree with you as far as the bolded and I never said he did.

What I said was that the policies under Dem administrations tend to artificially restrict the supply of oil, which tends to juice the profits of O&G companies when compared to Republican administrations and their more relaxed policies that tend to allow more exploration and production. We saw this under Obama and Biden. Gas was less than $3 a gallon Trump's entire term. It's not the president per se, but policies that they promote obviously are a factor.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:32 PM

1,662 posts, read 962,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post

What I said was that the policies under Dem administrations tend to artificially restrict the supply of oil, which tends to juice the profits of O&G companies when compared to Republican administrations and their more relaxed policies that tend to allow more exploration and production. We saw this under Obama and Biden. Gas was less than $3 a gallon Trump's entire term. It's not the president per se, but policies that they promote obviously are a factor.
Yes this makes complete sense.

Old 07-15-2022, 02:56 PM

15,084 posts, read 7,124,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post

Democrat policies have not limited the supply of oil.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:05 PM

9,699 posts, read 6,335,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Whether they have or haven’t, what their plans for the energy industry call for do call for policies that lower the US supply of oil. Not to mention Biden depleting the emergency oil reserves would likely raise the price in the future.

But yes, this is mostly theoretical. Meaning if Democrats actually did what they said they would. Which they usually don’t (not too different from Republicans). So it’s all in theory

What my biggest question comes to Republican nation that likes to blame Democrats for the high price of gasoline then blame them again when the price of oil crashes and takes jobs with it. And the reason behind it is obvious. All they care about is pointing their fingers at the opposition that goes against their mysterious allegiance

All just more proof that the American two party system never stops failing

Old 07-15-2022, 05:02 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,699,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Why?
Because she's leading Harris county down the same path as Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...l-17304798.php
It's stunning to me how loyal Blacks are to the Democratic party. This also confirms what many have denied...that the Latino vote is leaning more conservative even in the city of Houston.
Unfortunately as long as the radical openly racists are controlling the republican party, blacks will continue to vote Democratic.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:21 PM

1,981 posts, read 732,916 times
Quote:
The Keystone pipeline would have sent 800k barrels of Canadian oil to Texas refineries per day.

Remind us who killed that project?

And you vote, goodness.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:41 PM

15,084 posts, read 7,124,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
The Keystone pipeline would have sent 800k barrels of Canadian oil to Texas refineries per day.

Remind us who killed that project?

And you vote, goodness.
Keystone XL would not be doing anything right now, as it would still be under construction. That 800k bbls per day was slated for export, not for US consumption.

Keystone XL would have done nothing to ameliorate the reduction in refinery capacity that is currently the limiting factor for gasoline supply.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:57 AM

222 posts, read 127,905 times
Quote:
Keystone XL would have done nothing to ameliorate the reduction in refinery capacity that is currently the limiting factor for gasoline supply.
US refineries were designed for heavy, sour crudes like the ones that come from Canada. US shale crude is very light and sweet. The purpose of the pipeline was to feed the refineries with the optimal feedstock to improve yield, optimize refinery capacity, and ultimately increase refined product supplies.

There are a lot of factors that led to the current supply shortage. Hostility from the extreme left is absolutely a factor. When the most powerful person on the planet is on record saying he wants to "end" you, it is not a great encouragement for future investment. Current US oil production is over 1MM bpd lower now than before the pandemic. It is increasing but at a slower pace than when oil prices were $60 per bbl.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:45 AM

1,903 posts, read 3,200,233 times
I'm Hispanic and will NOT be voting for Hidalgo or Dems this time around. I'm a family values moderate, but am sick and tired of the rampant increase in crime under Hidalgo and the Democrats, specifically from repeat violent offenders out on bonds. That is a major issue that needs addressing.

That is Alexandra del Moral Mealer's major priority.

However IMHO, if Trump decides to announce pre-midterm it would be a stupidly foolish selfish egotistical move that will totally screw over his own party in the midterms by igniting the Dem base and keep Dems and their soft on crime and soft on inflation policies in place, hurting this country and its innocent hardworking people.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:30 PM

18,039 posts, read 25,052,276 times
I’ll vote for anybody that increases the number of precinct in Harris county
Its ridiculous that we have 4 pregunta fir a county of 6 million people

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston