Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2022, 05:16 PM

28 posts, read 25,960 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving my family to the Houston area and have pretty much narrowed my search to homes in Woodforest because I really like the development. It seems to have a sense of "community" and loads of parks, playgrounds, outdoor amenities, etc. which I think we need because my wife and I are both introverts and we need a place that makes it easy to meet people and for our young son to meet other children. I only visited for a couple of days though.

I'm semi-retired and will be working, if at all, from home, so i don't expect to be making a commute to downtown Houston very often.

So I'm not asking about the pros and cons of moving to Houston, I'm wondering if anyone has any info about any downsides to living in Woodforest that maybe I haven't considered or am unaware of.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2022, 05:18 PM

9,869 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Too many Woodforest National Banks

Old 07-18-2022, 08:45 PM

6 posts, read 5,306 times
I understand that cell phone coverage/reception in Woodforest can be spotty -- so much so that there have been local TV news reports of Woodforest residents' frustrations with the issue resulting in the selling of their homes. As such, I'd probably want to make sure my cell phone worked from any house I was considering making an offer on.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilado View Post
I understand that cell phone coverage/reception in Woodforest can be spotty -- so much so that there have been local TV news reports of Woodforest residents' frustrations with the issue resulting in the selling of their homes. As such, I'd probably want to make sure my cell phone worked from any house I was considering making an offer on.

Very interesting you mention that. I noticed when driving around that my AT&T access was very poor, often one bar and sometimes no service at all. Like I keep trying to pull up addresses on my phone to use the GPS and it was a real challenge.

I just assumed this could be solved by switching to Verizon if i moved there, it never occurred to me that much of the development might be a cell phone dead zone. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2022, 03:14 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Are you talking Woodforest off of I10 on Houston’s east side? Houston has poor air quality in general but that might be a bit close to industry pollutants with the wind direction. Not sure but might be worth looking into.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,239,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Are you talking Woodforest off of I10 on Houston’s east side? Houston has poor air quality in general but that might be a bit close to industry pollutants with the wind direction. Not sure but might be worth looking into.
Also how is crime in that area? Even if that area itself is not bad, I've heard there is a lot of crime around the I10 east businesses along the feeder.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:06 PM

9,869 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Woodforest is an area between the Woodlands and Conroe. 90% chance that's what OP is talking about and not that East Houston area

https://www.woodforesttx.com

Old 07-27-2022, 07:50 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,097 times
Nice hood, still has a bit of a nature feel with tree and trails.
It bit removed from major areas, so if you like to live in the suburbs of the suburbs it is fine.
Also factor in your commute for work. Woodforest doesn't have quick high way access.

Same as Creekside, nice area, but what a pain to get to a major highway.

Old 07-27-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Woodforest is an area between the Woodlands and Conroe. 90% chance that's what OP is talking about and not that East Houston area

https://www.woodforesttx.com
Correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston