Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2023, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,534 times

Advertisements

I am a single mid-30 female looking to move out of apartment living for the first time. I work near the medical center but have a flex schedule where I only go into the office 3 days a week. I am looking at a townhouse at Brittmoore Crossing by David Weekley and a patio home at Spring Brook Village by Meritage. I am leaning towards Spring Brook Village because I like that has a "master plan community" feel but without me having to move to the outskirts of the suburbs. I can also pay a lot premium or pick a model that comes with a private driveway at either community, which is a huge plus for me.

I know this area isn't as popular is the Heights but would love to hear thoughts if anyone has considered these communities (or something else) as well.

Looking to stay in the mid to high 400s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 321 times
Definitely know this message is coming in awhile after you've already started your search, but maybe I can still provide some insight if you haven't acted yet.

I have a client buying in the Spring Brook Village (SBV) area closing in two weeks, also working in the Medical Center area. Both communities/builders look good, with Brittmoore Crossing (BC) starting at a higher price point (mid $400s) and Spring Brook Village upper $300s. David Weekley has a bit of a better reputation than Meritage, but it ultimately depends on the construction manager and staying on top of the progress with a third-party inspector.

Like you said, SBV is much larger, and master planned with more of that community feel. Their amenities and HOA are similar (pool, dog parks, ~$2,500/year). BC does have about 0.60% lower rate in property taxes (before Homestead Exemptions) that certainly saves you in the long run. In terms of availability, BC seem to be limited and closing out soon. SBV is only on Phase 2-3 out of 5-6 planned or so, so it'll be around for awhile, though prices will steadily increase as it matures. Your budget will give you more options at SBV, though volatile rates are changing that daily.

Commute-wise, they're both ~40 minutes or longer to the TMC/, depending on traffic. To me that's not great, but that's subjective to you. BC is much closer to I-10 though, so it might be easier for you to get around to specific destinations (Katy, SW Houston, etc.) you frequent.

Flood concerns (check Harris FEMT site), SBV seems to be just clear. Other parts of Spring Branch are more prone to it. BC also looks clear, but I'm concerned about it's proximity to Addicks Reservoir (this was a problem during 2017 Harvey). SBV is close enough that it could also be affected by an overflow in the future.

I'm new to these forums (signed up today to respond, but browse occasionally) and don't know the rules about self-promotion. But if you're not represented by anyone and looking for advice, I'd be glad to help you navigate further. If that's not allowed, other users can let me know and you can just take the knowledge I've summed up above and move forward with your own due diligence. Glad to help regardless, and best of luck!

-Andrew

Last edited by anguyenre; 06-16-2023 at 04:07 PM..

Old 06-16-2023, 05:50 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
I wouldn't touch Spring Brook Village. That's the crap where they decided to take a golf course that flooded in heavy rains and build houses on it, when it should have been turned into detention.

Old 06-16-2023, 07:04 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,886,146 times
Not sure about the characteristics of the area around Brittmoore Crossing. Looks rather industrial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: