Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

How is living in the Magnolia area? Restaurants? Shopping. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 AM

58 posts, read 263,957 times
We moved to Magnolia 4 months ago and so far we are enjoying it. For Restaurants there are several Mexican Restaurants that are good. One sea food (we havent tried it yet). Shopping we go to Tomball or the Woodlands Mall

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,005 times
Are you talking about the mexican restaurant Rancho Grande? I used to live in Magnolia and I loved it.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,608 times
I'd go with Montgomery before Magnolia.
Or are you referring to Magnolia in Houston... which is very ghetto.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,693,271 times
I think he's talking about Magnolia, Montgomery County.

If so... I didn't know Magnolia even had what you could call a ''scene.''

Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
yeah, there is no "scene" up there for miles and miles.

Shopping would be Market Street in The Woodlands. But it's the same shops you find everywhere, so there's nothing that different about it. But's it's a nice 1950's movie set style shopping area, less the polite and well dress children.

There's a Mexican restuarant every 1/2 block in Montgomery county. Lots and lots of chain restuarants. Best individually owned/run one up there is off Sawdust, Amerigos.

But if you're into lazy, country living I think it would be a great place. If you like a scene, not so much.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
How is living in the Magnolia area? Restaurants? Shopping. Thanks.
If you mean the actual town of Magnolia, there are a couple of "home cooking" restaurants, a couple of Mexican restaurants, a sea food restaurant (haven't tried it), and I think Hickory Hollow and the BBQ Hut (bbq restaurants) are still there. I know there are more than that, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head. I haven't been there in a while. There are a few fast food places too.

Shopping - well, you have Brookshire Brothers and Food Basket (I think? Can't remember the name of the second grocery store). You have a hardware store, feed store, Family Dollar, and Dollar General. Uh... Oh yeah, Auto Zone is there now. There are probably a few other smaller type stores but I honestly don't remember what they are at the moment. Mostly we went to Tomball or the Woodlands to do any major shopping if we couldn't find it in Magnolia. Our preference was to try the local stores first before trekking into Tomball because it was a 20-mile trip (one-way) into Tomball from where we lived (by the Renaissance fair grounds).

When I first moved there most of the stores weren't open on Sundays and had limited hours on Saturdays. That's changed now, although I think the hardware store is still closed on Sundays.

Now, if you mean the area of Magnolia going out FM 1488 toward the Woodlands and FM 2978, you will find more options for restaurants and shopping (Applebee's, Home Depot, Kroger. Wal-Mart and Target(?) are close by, etc.). I know the Kroger on the corner of FM 2978 and FM 1488 has a Magnolia address but it always "felt" like it was in the Woodlands to me. It's closer to the Woodlands than to Magnolia.

I wouldn't say that Magnolia has a "scene."

Blessings,
pnc

Old 06-05-2008, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 7,655 times
I have lived in Magnolia for 12 years and you basically have Magnolia East and Magnolia West to choose from, both are wonderful. Magnolia East is 1488/2978 area, a beautiful area that is more hustle and bustle, and close to the Woodlands, but not really that close to major highways (even 45 is a bit of a ride), but they are widening 1488 to 4 lanes all the way to 45, so that will help. Magnolia West is more residential. Beautiful acreage subdivisions. Access to 249 and 290 is easier, closer to "downtown" Magnolia than East. Commercial Construction on the West side isn't as heavy as the East side, right now, but it's coming. I moved out here to have that peace and quiet, but it's all being built up. They are also going to widen 1774 to four lanes and Nichols Sawmill Road. 1774 is 249, and Nichols Sawmill goes from 1774 to 290 (when construction is done, it will be a straight shot).

Both "East" and "West" Magnolia are beautiful and offer a lot to families. Good schools, good people, good living!!

P.S. The seafood restaurant is good, try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston