Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,917 times

Advertisements

Another thing that I find funny is Texas suppose to be a red state i.e., that mental midget Bush, Conservative, Christians, anti gay marriage ect... but at the same time a lot of these people have no problem playing the Judge, Jury, and the executioner role LMAO I thought God was the only one who should do this work.

Last edited by usc619; 07-01-2008 at 09:26 AM..

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,770,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
That's all it was, nothing more nothing less, so tell me genius what other source of info do we have to go on? unless you were there I take it that what you're also basing your info on.
The information is available if you aren't too lazy to turn off the TV and get off the couch. People who are in uproar do not have the complete picture. I recommend that you read the Texas Castle Doctrine in its entirety, read the 911 transcripts, the court filings, initiate discourse with the DA's office, and spend some time in Pasadena (be careful though, it is still the south) for starters.

Quote:
What he did was flat out wrong! but I don't feel sorry for the thugs.
Talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit. Pick a side.

I'm sure you also support the troops but not the war and think that the 2nd amendment protects individual gun rights but doesn't preclude government restriction and regulation.

Quote:
No F@#king way that redneck is "an American hero" only a moron would make that statement
I have to assume you are addressing the OP because I don't think he's a hero, I simply think that the court ruled correctly for once.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,648,565 times
Quote:
That's all it was, nothing more nothing less, so tell me genius what other source of info do we have to go on? unless you were there I take it that what you're also basing your info on.

What he did was flat out wrong! but I don't feel sorry for the thugs.

No F@#king way that redneck is "an American hero" only a moron would make that statement
If he was so wrong then why was he found NOT GUILTY? Is it your system you think failed you? If so why has your system failed you when it welcomed those 2 and all the other illegals into OUR country against the currently written laws? (which are ignored)

Your system sucks but on very very rare occasions we can chaulk one up for the good guys. This is such an occasion.

And if you woke up from a deep sleep in your comfy little bed and saw these 2 criminals what would you do? Dont you dare say call the cops. How's that gona help you anyway? Would you bend over and say take what you want? Would you tell them they are breaking the law? Like they care? Would you tell them to just kill you and your family because that TV is more important then them?

Im trying to stoop down and see what you are seeing here and I cant. How do you think Joe Horns neighbor feels that he saved his familys jewery that has been in his family for generations? Do you think he is grateful? I know so.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The information is available if you aren't too lazy to turn off the TV and get off the couch. People who are in uproar do not have the complete picture. I recommend that you read the Texas Castle Doctrine in its entirety, read the 911 transcripts, the court filings, initiate discourse with the DA's office, and spend some time in Pasadena (be careful though, it is still the south) for starters.

Ha, that's funny lol Pasadena and Vidor were the first two area I was told to avoid when I moved to Houston.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit. Pick a side.

I'm sure you also support the troops but not the war and think that the 2nd amendment protects individual gun rights but doesn't preclude government restriction and regulation.

Yes, I do support the troops and not the war(I don't see nothing wrong with that)
My brother serve in Iraq for over a year NEWS FLASH! most troops don't either.

I have to assume you are addressing the OP because I don't think he's a hero, I simply think that the court ruled correctly for once.

That was not directed at YOU or the OP, just my opinion
Time to move on.

Last edited by usc619; 07-01-2008 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'm not getting involved in the partisan/nationalistic chest-beating this has predictably descended into, but this does set a major precedent that will probably be tested again. And invariably people are gonna die as a result.

I wonder how much the burglary rates are gonna be affected after this bit of news.
Well I dont know how old you are or even if you would have known about news back in NYC back in 1984 but another American Hero named Bernhard Goetz did the same thing. Well more like Charles Bronson did in Deathwish. He walked the streets at night looking for crime. Something the cops dont do. When he found people breaking in or stealing purses or preying on the eldery, he blew their heads off.

Well guess what. Crime was down 40% after about the 3rd act of justice by Bernhard.

In addition questions were raised about the usefullness of the cop force. Why was this armed citizen finding all this crime that the cops were not?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
I was born in the year that is shown in my username, but I've heard of Bernhard Goetz.

If the cops and the government are this useless, why don't we give full-blown anarchy a shot?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,694,805 times
Hey usc not to switch topics but I gotta say Vidor is ~ 100 miles away from Houston on average. Worlds apart.

But yeah, Pasadena, Baytown... the whole outer east side is a good area to avoid.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If he was so wrong then why was he found NOT GUILTY? Is it your system you think failed you? If so why has your system failed you when it welcomed those 2 and all the other illegals into OUR country against the currently written laws? (which are ignored)

Your system sucks but on very very rare occasions we can chaulk one up for the good guys. This is such an occasion.

And if you woke up from a deep sleep in your comfy little bed and saw these 2 criminals what would you do? Dont you dare say call the cops. How's that gona help you anyway? Would you bend over and say take what you want? Would you tell them they are breaking the law? Like they care? Would you tell them to just kill you and your family because that TV is more important then them?

Im trying to stoop down and see what you are seeing here and I cant. How do you think Joe Horns neighbor feels that he saved his familys jewery that has been in his family for generations? Do you think he is grateful? I know so.
Desertsun I think YOU have a real problem with Illegals(not saying that's wrong), but you need to step back and think of the situation as if it were two family members who were jumping out of the window and joe thought they were robing the place. The point I'm trying to make is it's not joe's place to be the JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER period.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Desertsun I think YOU have a real problem with Illegals(not saying that's wrong), but you need to step back and think of the situation as if it were two family members who were jumping out of the window and joe thought they were robing the place. The point I'm trying to make is it's not joe's place to be the JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER period.
Family member do not jump out broken windows carrying TV sets and pillow bags filled with jewelry. Family members reconize other family members. Decent families do not allow their kids to cover their arms in gang member tattoos.

Does that clear that up?

Yes I have a problem with illegals. What part of illegal do you not understand? Is it more illegal to rob a house then it is to cross the border? Of course not. A crime is a crime.

I think it was LindseyMcfarren said earlier, that's the way it's done in Texas. Texas is a pro gun state. In fact an open carry law is right now pending in Texas. That will be better because those who want to start something with me while walking the dog late at night might be more inclined to pass if they see my gun rather then me having to conceal it which would be more tempting to them since I would look like an easy target.

Last edited by desertsun41; 07-01-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
This story got alot of coverage but I have heard of others more severe then this and the person didn't get in any trouble at all.

Its how it is done in Texas, its that simple. If you don't like it, you need to move because its not going to change. Gun laws are only becoming more and more lax as time goes by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston