Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 09:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,874 times

Advertisements

May 1, 2008 I gave birth my my beautiful baby girl. We were told that she was healthy and perfect. But a few hours later Brooke was taken for one last test before being sent home. She never came back. She had to be life flighted to Texas Childrens Hospital. Brooky was born with only the smaller half of her heart. She was dying. May 2, 2008 she was taken from me and flown to the Hosiptal to await her three surgeries....

Brooke went to the NICU awaiting on her first of three open heart surgeries. Up until the third night of life we were under the impression that she would live life to be a little old lady after her three operations. My world all but ended on that third night. I was informed that my daughter's condition, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, was a terminal illness. Meaning that her surgeries will only buy her a little time, there is no fixing this heart condition. At best she'll life to teenage hood. On her 9th day of life her heart started to fail her, she was dying. Dr.Salazar preformed the Norwood with a Sano Shunt. He saved our baby girl!
Brooke is now 8 weeks old and we aren't able to leave the Medical Center area-- 10 mile radious until after her next surgery. They have it planned for the sixth month of life. Until then my husband is back at his job (6 hours north) but we are only able to budget the amount of bills that we previously had in our quiet little country town. The rent here is double what we were paying and on top of that I can't even work anymore. Brooke is on a Quarentine-House environment. Much of our family hasn't even met her.
This is the reason I have joined this site. I need a little help making ends meed while I'm waiting for SSI to kick in for her, that or her next surgery.
My mother in law has set up a benefit account at Shelby Savings Bank in Center, Tx in my daughters name, Brooklynn Swann.
If there is anyone out there able to help us in this time of need, MAY GOD BLESS YOU! And if you aren't able to help us financially, then please keep her in your prayers.
CarePages - Support and community for everyone coping with illness pagename: brooklynnshonet
Please visit for pictures and updates on how she is doing.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU'R FAMILIES

Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,328,040 times
My heart just breaks for you. I cannot imagine what you must be dealing with right now. Please know you and your family are in my prayers. Are there any hopes for a transplant for Brooke?
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston