Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:26 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
you can't stay where you are......moving from place to place wasting money with no employable skills, poor work habits, and instability, all on the tax payers dime is no way to get ahead

there is no magic city in the USA where you can have no skills and a poor work ethic combined with poor personal choices and moving from place to place and have anything but a marginal life

change your life and your choices not the city you make the same mistakes in
You have a fine Victorian attitude there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM

611 posts, read 2,234,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
You have a fine Victorian attitude there.
stop being so generous with other peoples money

if you want this person to move to Houston then step up and offer your own time and money to help them

some people do not what to hear the truth that their lifestyle and their poor choices are why they are not living the life the want

moving from place to place city to city with the skills and the mindset of a section 8er is not how to get ahead in life......and coddling those that make those types of choices is doing nothing to help them and only wasting more time and money while they move around trying to find the easy life and the easy place to live

all the while making it harder on everyone else that works to support themselves or their loved ones

we have a president that gets up and talks about "everyone doing their fair share" yet that same loser has an aunt that was just allowed to stay here after being here illegally and sponging off the USA tax payers for years......even though her "kind and compassionate" relative is a multimillionaire with plenty of resources......but too selfish and busy to be bothered to spread any of those over to it's "relations"

you and your modern, wasteful, anti-responsibility, ways should start footing the bills that your mouth runs up......the rest of us are tired of it

Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
They have Section 8 in Katy now unfortunately.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:59 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Texas vines, it is not my intention turn change the topic, but you should realize the Obama and his mother were abandoned by his opportunist father. Obama was not even aware she was his aunt and in the USA. He left her status up to ICE. Why do you expect him to support someone who did not acknowledge his presence on earth? Do you support any dead beat relatives that you don't even know?
I vote libertarian.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 AM

410 posts, read 1,495,150 times
People don't judge others because they are on Section 8 or any other government assistance. You never know if you or anyone you know will need help. Just because she asks about moving with her Section 8 voucher doesn't mean she isn't working. Even if she's not do you know how many people AREN'T these days due to circumstances beyond their control??????

Everyone deserves the opportunity to prosper and if she feels that is best for her family, she has the right to do so. If you personally know her and know she isn't doing anything.......I guess you can put in YOUR 2 cents......If not SHUT UP!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy 2 View Post
people don't judge others because they are on section 8 or any other government assistance. You never know if you or anyone you know will need help. Just because she asks about moving with her section 8 voucher doesn't mean she isn't working. Even if she's not do you know how many people aren't these days due to circumstances beyond their control??????

Everyone deserves the opportunity to prosper and if she feels that is best for her family, she has the right to do so. If you personally know her and know she isn't doing anything.......i guess you can put in your 2 cents......if not shut up!
everyone needs to keep opening coconuts and having threesomes at section 8 housing inside the loop in a good neighborhood in katy WHILE TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

GOT IT???????

Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasvines View Post
you can't stay where you are......moving from place to place wasting money with no employable skills, poor work habits, and instability, all on the tax payers dime is no way to get ahead

there is no magic city in the usa where you can have no skills and a poor work ethic combined with poor personal choices and moving from place to place and have anything but a marginal life

change your life and your choices not the city you make the same mistakes in
u cant assume thats somebody isnt working and that they have made poor choices just because they want to move and they are on section 8.there are people on section 8 that do work but they dont make a lot.texas is cheaper than most major cities and a lot of people have been moving here without section 8...[mod edit - rude]

Last edited by Oildog; 10-27-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,445,794 times
The opposite of Independence is Dependence.

The plan is to have the majority of America on some sort of Gov't assistance.

We're closer than you think to this nightmare scenario.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:59 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
The opposite of Independence is Dependence.

The plan is to have the majority of America on some sort of Gov't assistance.

We're closer than you think to this nightmare scenario.
Then why doesn't corporate America come in, take the reigns and provide a reasonable living for all? They most certainly had this opportunity before the crash.

Perhaps corporate America is part of the plan you speak of.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 AM

799 posts, read 3,693,653 times
The girl said from the get-go that she was a working single mom who qualifies for section 8..there is nothing wrong with that..I think its ashame that welfare and sec 8 and such was meant to HELP people that needed it and has been so abused that when a person really does need the help, they are automatically looked at like they are leaches on society..i had welfare when my oldest child was little, food stamps, medicaid and all..I worked before him and worked after I had him, got off welfare and have worked ever since..I pay for that welfare also ,so if I need it, I am entitled to it. Too many men get away with not supporting their children and too many illegals and plain lazy people being allowed to live off the system and it has hurt the people who truly need help. Maybe the OP is moving here to get a better life, job, cost of living so that she doesn't have to resort to Sec.8..but she has a child to care for and has to start somewhere.. so lets give her a break..you never know where people come from and you should always treat people kindly..the golden rule..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: