Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 01:29 PM

36 posts, read 91,402 times

Advertisements

For the past month I have been researching and praying about a possible move to Houston from Florida. But now due to state Teacher budget cuts, I may have to move. Has anyone out there relocated from Florida to Houston this year, 2008. And if so, how are you adjusting? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I like culture and diversity. I have been researching the Pearland and Katy school districts. And some schools in the Houston ISD. Is it possible to find reasonable rentals in the area? And anything in Houston for my son, age 21 to do? Yes, we have both have our own cars for transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:16 PM

101 posts, read 295,943 times
Smile What part of Florida are you comming from??

Where at in Florida??

Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 PM

Presently I live in Ocala, Florida. I moved here about a year and half ago from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. I moved here to Ocala so my son could attend the community college here.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 AM

415 posts, read 506,487 times
You'll definitely like Katy ISD. One of the fastest growing districts in the Houston area, and one of the fastest growing in Texas. A ton of new elementary and junior high schools are opening. Two new high schools are opening up in the next four years.

You'll also like Cy-Fair, which is neck and neck with Katy in everything (growth, test scores, diversity, etc.). Only difference is, Cy-Fair is twice the size of Katy ISD. Katy ISD feels more close knit I guess. Cy-Fair has like 10 high schools I think.

Pearland ISD is nice, but definitely not as nice as the first two.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Thank you Kofif713 very much for the information. I do have some brochures on Katy that I had mailed out to me. But I had not hear about Cy-Fair. I will have to research them as well. It sounds like Katy is growing.

By chance, do you know what the cost of living is like in Katy or Cy-Fair? and the crime rate?

Thanks again

Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM

Thank you. I will check out that website and calculator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: