Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:14 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times

Advertisements

I am very excited for you! Texas is hot, but lemme tell ya, if it was as hot and awful as some people here say, there wouldn't be 24 million people living in our great State!

Glad you are gonna be a part of that. Welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 AM

61 posts, read 273,355 times
I moved here to Texas from San Jose Ca. Firstly, there are good and bad things to EVERY city and state. California is NOT excluded from this just cause the weather there is better =) I live in Houston right now,and I can tell you that we were a middle income family in San Jose and my husband makes about the same here yet our dollar stretches FAR FAR FAR beyond what I could ever TRULY afford in San Jose. Some may say well, for a mortgage in Houston you may be paying 2500 (depnds on home of course) per month, well here in San Jose we pay about the same.However, you have to take in consideration that here we can actually OWN the home. We are NOT paying INTEREST ONLY with a bunch of penalties. We get BETTER waaaaay Better schools.We can get the same tax breaks and come out as ACTUAL home owners in the end! The humidity is different from if it was soo horrible why would people continue to move here? Houston,TX is one of the only parts that still continues in Home Building as well as Home sales due to the affordability and stability. Houston seems to still be developing in so many ways. These are good things. Some parts of Houston has alot of charm. Other parts are yuk. Just like any other city.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 21,981 times
I've been reading the notes on how disapointing it has been for those who seemed to be rejected by the "Church-goers" in TX. As a child of God and a representative of Christ, I would like to apologize and I'm embarassed for the ignorance of those who reject the "non-church goers". You'll have to excuse their short term memory of how Jesus reached out to those who were outside of the church. I enjoy the church fellowship and worship, but the "church-goers" should not leave a bad image or stick their nose in the air. Again, for those with a short term memory...In case it's forgotten, Jesus reached out to the lost, the forsaken, the deprived, the hurt, the sick, the tormented, the rejected, and should I continue??? He reached out to me, and my life has not been the same since I invited Jesus in. He has been with me every step of the way. Some may wonder how is that??? Now my heart is encouraged by the simple things in life... a windy breeze that whispers "I'm cleaning it away", a warm sunbeam that says "I comfort you", flowers that demonstrate God's wonder, and I could go on and on.

"Church-goers" should not forget what the Lord has done for their lives and for the eternal soul. How He comforted hearts, how He cleared debts of sin, and how He welcomes each one in to His love.

Has anyone thought to have a "non-church" ministry in Tomball? HMMM something to consider....Any Jesus Freaks out there??? I hope so....

Old 06-20-2007, 01:10 PM

217 posts, read 670,986 times
Great post "Hope41day." It definitely should help give the Californian poster an idea of what they are in for in moving to TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston